Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Anyone Make Their Dinette Bed Bigger? How?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

kangarooelaine

RVF Regular
I'm having a really hard time finding the right RV for us. One of the major issues is that we need to sleep 4 people, 3 of whom are all over 5'10" and the one who isn't will be in a few years.
A lot of the dinettes that convert to a bed seem too short. Or they're just barely long enough and still seem like they would be too short to be comfortable. One of the main reasons for an RV is comfort so I don't really want to skimp too much on this.
However, weight and length are issues and I don't want an RV that is very big. In other words, I don't want to have to find an RV that sleeps a huge number of people just because the dinette is too small to become a comfy bed.

Anyway... Has anyone found a good way to make their dinette bed more comfortable for tall people?
I was thinking of putting a long cot on top of it or a thick mattress or something so instead of being trapped in the dinette shape, one could at least hang their toes off the edge of the bed (that's how I sleep on our king bed at home - with my toes hanging off).

If I can solve this problem it opens up more options of which RV I could buy.

I’m 5’10” and I can fit in my kids bunks. It’s tight but not uncomfortably so. I even slept in one of the kids bunks when I was under the weather to keep from passing it on to DW.

I have noticed that dinettes in the short models I am looking at are anywhere from 65" to 76" and a standard queen is 80". The cab overs are often over 90" and the bunks are often 70-74".

5'10" = 70"
6' = 72"
6'3" = 75"

I'm trying to find RVs with dinettes that are 76" but that's limiting my search quite a bit. What I'm looking for is a solution, some way to make the dinette bed a little longer.

If the layout has room to move a bench back you have a table made that is wider so it fits in the rails on the benches. then you make a foam block to fill the gap( or don't).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back