Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Anyone used Flexseal around vents and skylites on their travel trailer.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

mhbell

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Forest River Cherokee
RV Model
Arctic Wolf 271RK
RV Length
30 ft
TOW/TOAD
2013 Chevy Silerado 2500HD B&W Turnover Ball, Andedrson Ultimate Hitch
Fulltimer
No
Like the title says Has anyone in the forum used Flexseal spray or liquid around their vents and skylite on their travel trailer? I don't want here say or my friend did this or that. I want to hear from actual users. What were the results? Did it hold up?
Mel

Like the title says Has anyone in the forum used Flexseal spray or liquid around their vents and skylite on their travel trailer? I don't want here say or my friend did this or that. I want to hear from actual users. What were the results? Did it hold up?
Mel
I used the spray on a previous motor home. Lasted about a year and then failed. Can't speak to the stuff in the can that you brush on.

after a year what happened? Did it leak, peel, or flake?
Mel

Probably best to stick with the products made for the application. Use a combination of Eternabond tape and/or Dicor sealant.

As osuallen stated, I just think lap sealant and self leveling sealant is purposed for a reason. That said and not hearsay, I did use the tub of flex seal around the outside barrier of my steel shop I had built to stop that itty bit of water that seeps under the metal frame around the floor perimeter during a heavy rainstorm. It works okay.

After reading the label I use something else.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back