Chassis
N/A
Engine
N/A
TOW/TOAD
8,200 Lbs
Fulltimer
No
I understand that I can get a chip that downloads a program to make my Motorhome, Newmar Baystar V10, run more efficient and less noisy. Anyone have insights in using this chip?

Yes, I have the Ultra Tune version, basically the same as 5-Star. It is not a "chip", it is a tuner that allows you to download a new tune to your ECU. It increases your horsepower and torque a bot, but the biggest improvement is in the transmission. It smooths out the shift points nicely, which in turn does help a bit with the engine noise, but I have never really complained about the noise myself. Gas mileage may be a bit better, but not enough to use that as the reason to justify the purchase. My HM is a 2016 Canyon Star 3953.

Thanks for your response! I have a BayStar V10 2020 and was told that it would make the engine run better and would not hurt the engine. Another question is whey don’t more people recommend it? Also where did you buy it?

I too, have the Ford Ultra Tune from Brazel's Ultra RV. ! As @internationaltoll stated, the best improvement is the shift points & smoother shifting. Horsepower & torque increase? Probably, because I did notice a bit better acceleration, especially on Interstate entry ramps! To me a very worthwhile expenditure, for our 2020 Canyon Star 3710!

www.ultrarv.com

I think quite a few of us do install these, and the link Jabber Jaw provided is where I got mine. They did have a $40 gift card deal from the hand held manufacturer at the time, not sure it still applies. It probably adds 40 hp or so, I didn't want to oversell the horsepower gain, but you will notice much smoother shifting and overall smoothness of the engine. I think the price runs a lot of folks off and perhaps they are scared to try the install themselves. Very easy to do, just plug into the OBDII port under the dash and to the right of the steering wheel on mine and follow the prompts.

I had the 5Star on my previous coach on the F53m chassis, I didn't notice mileage increase (honestly never got really detailed on the mileage, so its possible I had positive affects) but it did make the transmission much more efficient on hill climbing....a lot less searching for the right gear

Latest resources

Back