Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Anyone With An RV Loan Considering A Refinance?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

FL-JOE

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Forest River
RV Model
Salem FSX 270RTK-X
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2022 Ford Expedition Timberline
Fulltimer
Yes
Our original RV loan is just over 5%. We are looking at reducing the term and rate with a refinance. Alliant looked like we could take it down slightly but they want to add back a full 1% for a refinance. Good Sams, who farms most of their loans out, was almost a full percent cheaper but I'm not sure how big of a headache it would be trying to go through them.

Anyone seeing RV rates in the low 4% or lower range? If so, where?

I have 4.25% and I can’t find any lender that will beat that.

in the spirit of full disclosure, I should also add I work for a large bank and RV loans are not ones we run towards especially with RV depreciation which makes it very difficult to forecast residual RV values we have to carry on the books. We do them but we “price in” that risk.

Last edited:
Mine over 4% also

Thanks for information. Looks like I may be able to do it at Essex for around 4.6%. Not sure if I want to do it for just less than 1 point. Not sure the rates will get any cheaper in the coming months though either.

Thanks for information. Looks like I may be able to do it at Essex for around 4.6%. Not sure if I want to do it for just less than 1 point. Not sure the rates will get any cheaper in the coming months though either.
Same. Would be nice to get an offer for 3-4%

We decided this evening just to take the darn thing off autopay. Going back to the good old fashion check mailing for now so we can drop some extra chunks in with the regular payment. If I can't refi for at least a point less and shorten my term this is probably the only way to go.

Since our home is almost paid off we are rolling the RV into our home. That will give us a free and clear title on the coach, a lower monthly payment and an interest rate of 2.8% on a 10 year note from Third Federal Savings and Loan.

We decided this evening just to take the darn thing off autopay. Going back to the good old fashion check mailing for now so we can drop some extra chunks in with the regular payment. If I can't refi for at least a point less and shorten my term this is probably the only way to go.
That’s a good idea. I’ve doubled up on my payments since starting but I didn’t take it off autopay. I just set up a recurring bill pay option at my bank to send an extra payment once a month on the first. This way it’s all automagic and I don’t have to remember - a trait I am not known for.

All of our rates are probably very low in the big picture. IMHO put your extra cash into investments and not paying off a loan with very low interest rates.

All of our rates are probably very low in the big picture. IMHO put your extra cash into investments and not paying off a loan with very low interest rates.
True to an extent. Debt is the biggest killer of wealth building.

Latest resources

Back