Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Jimbob20

RVF Newbee
Hi all, just have a few questions, maybe some of you more experienced folk can answer. Recently just purchased an 2023 Apex Nano 213 RDS, first time owning a camper.. long story short we were not able to really do a walk through on the unit as they were closing and we got there pretty late, so kinda just gave us the quick run down.

1. When the fresh water tank is filled, when turning on the water pump, does the water automatically fill the hot water tank, do you need the pump on to fill it or does it do it automatically ?

2. And then to verify the hot water tank is filled you can open the breather valve and have water come out which indicates the hot water tank is filled ?

3. The low point drains under the hot water tank on the outside and under the camper drain the hot water tank they have one red and one black line both with a cap on them ?

4. How long does it take in electric mode (not propane) to heat the hot water tank to have hot water ?

5. How long does it take to have hot water with just the propane mode selected and not electric.

6. Can you run both propane and electric at the same time for hot water tank?

7. Do you need to burp the system from any air before turning on either propane or electric to heat the tank ?

8. Can you keep the water pump on full time, or is it proper practice to only keep the water pump running or activated when you only need water ?

9. When winterizing the hot water tank, do you just drain the hot water tank and leave it empty or do you add anything to the tank it self, I was told not to run any type of winter rv anti freeze into the hot water tank, but am unsure if I leave the drain plug slightly open for winter or button everything up tight, obviously there should be no water in the tank. (I have the rest of the unit winterize down pat already)

10. When storing the unit for long period of time, ie winter.. does this unit need to be perfectly level.. or am I able to keep it on somewhat of a downward slope so anything on the roof can drain off ect, heard some issues about newer campers needing to be perfectly leveled due to the fridges.

11. This unit also came with a heating pad option for the propane, at what point would someone use something like that for.. if your camping in the winter or when it’s just cold out ?

12. Heating inside the camper, thermostat, this used propane to heat the unit when it’s cold out I assume.. how fast does some usually go through propane, I know it all depends on usage but on average for the average person ? 24hrs per tank or ?

Thanks Jim

You may need to go back to the dealer for more information.
1 The water heater will fill from fresh tank and flow into tank as hot water is on.
2 the breather valve you mention I guess is the pressure release valve. I would not open that valve. Verify at a sink running hot water.
3 the low point drains should be cold, hot lines and fresh tank. I don’t think a low drain on hot tank. There will be a drain plug on the tank to drain.
4 not long I don’t have a time. Gas will be faster.
6 I think so. I can on mine.
7 have never burped the system. I light the stove top first. To help move gas through lines. Not sure if it makes a difference but we think it does.
8 we turn on as needed. My thought it there is a leak the pump will keep running so we turn off. My opinion you can leave on I’m guessing. If pink runs with no water on you have a leak.
9 I drain the tank and leave empty
10 I’m not sure of possible damage. I keep level and we are under cover. I keep plugged in and heater in the unit during the winter. I think keeping level is best.
11We have holding tank heat pads but no propane tank heat. Revisit this one on your unit. Not sure if a propane heat pad never had that.
12 we have an 80lb tank and travel about 3 months annually. A tank last the year usually of course minimal in the summer. We use a small electric heater in the cold weather to help inside and conserve propane. We also have a heat pump on the ac unit which comes in handy in cool weather. The thermostat should run the ac and propane heat.

I hope this helps. Call the dealer back if that is an option. A good walk through is important.

Latest resources

Back