Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Ruleforyou

RVF Newbee
Furnace in Aqua hot won't power up, Zone pumps will not come on to the heat exchangers. The #3 circulating pump will run when Aqua Diesel is switch is on. I have hot water but no furnace action occurs. Any suggestions?

The system (400 series if that's what you have) is rather complicated but if you understand how it works, it can be figured out. You didn't mention your rig make and model so it's hard for me to be specific. As Chargerman stated, make sure the thermostat control is set properly. You can get some hot water from the electric element but for showers and heating, the diesel burner does the work. When I first bought my coach, the burner nozzle had never been serviced and would shut off soon after is was fired up. There is a reflector in there that senses a flame. If it doesn't see it, it won't stay lit. That's what was wrong with mine anyway. I've attached a couple good manuals for you to look at. Read and understand the first one (44_series Aqua hot) and move on to the service manual. I took me a while to really understand it. Good luck!

Attachments

• 400_series Aqua hot.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • AHE-400-D01_Service_Manual_Rev_D.pdf
    5.3 MB · Views: 17
Do you have your thermostat set on “furnace”?

Yes , I have both thermostats set on furnace. I checked the connection up inside the Dometic AC's on rooftop and I see 2 blue wires to labeled furnace 1 off those wires has 12 volts the other I does not. I guess the other blue wire travels to the Aqua Hot (I'm guessing) ,No power on that one

Next step I would do is go to a heat exchanger to see if the liquid tubing is warm. Pump failure? also, are the fans working?

Latest resources

Back