RV Model
45 OP
RV Length
45'
TOW/TOAD
TBD
Fulltimer
Yes
I'm new to this coach but not to RVing. I've hooked up the cable TV, had the TV's look for available channels. All Cable TV channels come up with "Audio Only". Using the Antenna and resetting the TV's I get audio and video. The previous owner never used cable, he used satellite. I can find no setting on the setup to change to audio and video. This is happening on all 4 TV's. Any guidance?

Welcome to RVF, @Bob and Karen Romine; glad to have you here with us.

A couple of thoughts come to mind regarding your cable TV issue. First, are you connecting to cable TV at an RV park? If so, maybe there's a problem with the cable TV system there, Try a temporary connection to another cable TV source.

Then, video and audio signals for cable TV use different frequencies, so something may be blocking the video signal frequency. If you can, use a length of coaxial cable and connect the TV directly to the cable TV source. If that works, something in the coach is the problem; a bad splitter, perhaps?

Since your coach is a 2015 model year, I'm guessing the cable TV splitters used were the older style, low-frequency ones. Some of those old splitters would not pass some of the frequencies used in today's cable TV feeds. You may have an older splitter in the system that is blocking video signals, or a splitter that is failing. Connecting directly to a cable TV source (as suggested above) will help confirm this. Replacing your cable signal splitters with new ones might fix your problem. Look for splitters that pass frequencies up to 2,500 MHz (2.5 GHz). I have used these successfully:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0054EILOE/?tag=rvf01-20

Good luck.

TJ

TJ, thanks for the info. You may have something on the splitters. Before I got this Bus, I was living here, in the same spot, in a 2020 DRV Mobile Suites, 43 Manhattan, using the same cable and source; no problems. Would you have a clue where I would begin to look for the splitters? I may need to get with Tiffin about their location. Since the problem affects ALL of the TV's, I also felt the problem was "upstream" from the TV's.

Bob

On my unit...all inputs are routed through a box. That serves as the amplifier for the antenna. To receive cable input, the TV amplifier must be off. Perhaps your system(s) is similar. If so, give it try with the unit in the off position. If that's not it, cable testers are inexpensive and necessary to determine where your problem might be. Good luck and Merry Christmas

TJ, thanks for the info. You may have something on the splitters. Before I got this Bus, I was living here, in the same spot, in a 2020 DRV Mobile Suites, 43 Manhattan, using the same cable and source; no problems. Would you have a clue where I would begin to look for the splitters? I may need to get with Tiffin about their location. Since the problem affects ALL of the TV's, I also felt the problem was "upstream" from the TV's.

Bob
I would look (a) in the cabinet where the audio and audio/video equipment is (you may have more than one--bedroom, living room, etc.), (b) in the bay where your external cable tv hookup is (probably the electrical bay) and (c) under the kitchen sink area. You may also find them in one or more of your storage bays. In our coach, there are three splitters in different locations (a, b & c).

Calling Tiffin might save you some time.

TJ

Turn off any signal boosters associated with the roof antenna! Then, if you have a "matrix" type switch box, power cycle it to reset everything. My 2016 Winnebago has the "Cable TV" coax connector in the rear power bay, and I connect up RV Park cable TV to it and scan for channels on my two TV's with no problems. Good luck!

Latest resources

Back