MikeTip

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
London Aire
RV Length
Ok, we are newbies (2 weeks old into the RV lifestyle), so please forgive the rookie questions and mistakes! We have a 2020 45’ London Aire coach. We tried to use the auto leveling system last night at the RV park. The front went up so high the front tires we being lifted.? Is this normal? Thanks for any advice or answers you can share.

Congratulations on a beautiful coach. That leveling issue can be reset. I believe you may have hwh jacks and there should be a hwh manual in your owners bag that covers how to do that reset. I am sure someone will chime in who has that system as well.

Welcome to the forum and feel free to ask as many questions as you need as we all learn together.

Ok, we are newbies (2 weeks old into the RV lifestyle), so please forgive the rookie questions and mistakes! We have a 2020 45’ London Aire coach. We tried to use the auto leveling system last night at the RV park. The front went up so high the front tires we being lifted.? Is this normal? Thanks for any advice or answers you can share.
If you were parked on a significant slope, that can happen. It is not the preferred scenario, but is "normal" for a site that is sloped. We carry a circular bubble level and check for excess slope before using the jacks. And, we carry some drive-on blocks (wood 2x10s) for those occasions where we don't get a fairly level site.

Your auto level should dump the air from the suspension before starting to level. Sometimes, the air bags don't get fully dumped before the jacks deploy, however. There is a "Manual Dump" button on your HWH panel and you can use it before starting the Auto-Level cycle.

If you are staying for a while in that site, you might try using Auto Store to retract the jacks and then use Manual Dump to be sure the air bags are empty before trying Auto Level again.

My suspicion is that you are on a slope and need to either relocate on the site (or to another, more level site), or drive the low wheels onto some blocks to level things up before re-leveling.

TJ

Congratulations on a beautiful coach. That leveling issue can be reset. I believe you may have hwh jacks and there should be a hwh manual in your owners bag that covers how to do that reset. I am sure someone will chime in who has that system as well.

Welcome to the forum and feel free to ask as many questions as you need as we all learn together.

Thank you! We did get the manual out and followed the process. It again raised the levels to that height. I was concerned it would not be safe having the front elevated so high?

Thank you for the warm welcone

If you were parked on a significant slope, that can happen. It is not the preferred scenario, but is "normal" for a site that is sloped. We carry a circular bubble level and check for excess slope before using the jacks. And, we carry some drive-on blocks (wood 2x10s) for those occasions where we don't get a fairly level site.

Your auto level should dump the air from the suspension before starting to level. Sometimes, the air bags don't get fully dumped before the jacks deploy, however. There is a "Manual Dump" button on your HWH panel and you can use it before starting the Auto-Level cycle.

If you are staying for a while in that site, you might try using Auto Store to retract the jacks and then use Manual Dump to be sure the air bags are empty before trying Auto Level again.

My suspicion is that you are on a slope and need to either relocate on the site (or to another, more level site), or drive the low wheels onto some blocks to level things up before re-leveling.

TJ

Thank you for your help. We will get the level and drive blocks. Great suggestions!!!!

Beginning RVing with a London Aire: You are doing it right. Congrats!

I had the same issue. Attached are the instructions to adjust the level sensor. I used an old fashion bubble level (the longer the better) and leveled the coach. The sensor for my 2018 DSDP is in the bay before the pegboard bay between the rails.

Attachments

• HWH ml47508.pdf
    45.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 1599994094615.png
    1599994094615.png
    492.3 KB · Views: 33
We have a Canyon Star with the Equalizer leveling system (different that what is on a London Aire). Everytime I would try to auto level I would either have wheels off the ground or it would be level but much higher than it needed to be or it would max out the jacks and tell me it was too much of a slope on a pretty level site. I did all the resets, etc and needless to say was pretty frustrated. I used a bubble level and then a phone app level to manually level for a while then I found the Level Mate Pro (www.logicbluetech.com). It takes maybe 30-45 minutes to install and set up the first time and then manually leveling is a breeze. I can manually level in about a minute. Also on a site with a lot of slope, you can get a snapshot of how out of level and determine if driving onto blocks before you park will be helpful.

Last edited:
Another tip/hint:

So does anyone know where the HWH sensing unit is mounted on a Mountain Aire (2018 4513). I looked in various basement compartments and couldn't find it. I saw @Cinergi video on adjusting the sensing unit in his New Aire and it was mounted behind a plastic cover. I couldn't see such a cover in my coach.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back