Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TJ&LadyDi

RVF "Dinosaur"
We have not used Autofill much because it overfills the tank to the point where water comes out of the overflow tube before shutting off. It does shut off at that point, but the siphon effect soon drains the tank to about 55%. And, no; I haven't yet done the anti-siphon mod.

So, today I went into the Autofill settings area and changed the stop setting to 85%. That seemed to work fine. I arbitrarily reset the fill level at 40%. What are others using for the "stop" and "fill" settings?

TJ

We have not used Autofill much because it overfills the tank to the point where water comes out of the overflow tube before shutting off. It does shut off at that point, but the siphon effect soon drains the tank to about 55%. And, no; I haven't yet done the anti-siphon mod.

So, today I went into the Autofill settings area and changed the stop setting to 85%. That seemed to work fine. I arbitrarily reset the fill level at 40%. What are others using for the "stop" and "fill" settings?

TJ
You can put water into your water tank and tell it when to stop based on a percentage of full? Damn, you Newmar boys are something else. :)

You can put water into your water tank and tell it when to stop based on a percentage of full? Damn, you Newmar boys are something else. :)
Yep! Ain't it great? And, we can tell it when the tank is low enough to get an automatic refill. Almost as good as a self-refilling microbrew beer mug. Unfortunately, I haven't found one of those...yet...to carry in the coach. :LOL:

TJ

I don’t think my Newmar is as fancy as yours @TJ&LadyDi or I’m not as smart as you. I better get the book out and see if I can set the shutoff.

I have the Start Level set to 85% and the Stop Level set to 100%. Works great.

If yours is overfilling, then Silverleaf is not getting a 100% reading when the tank is full. That would seem to indicate that either the fresh tank needs to be recalibrated via the Silverleaf panel (tank MUST be drained first) or the sensor is not properly reading the fullness. Also, make sure your tank size is set to 105 gallons, as that info will be used to determine how full the tank is.

I have the Start Level set to 85% and the Stop Level set to 100%. Works great.

If yours is overfilling, then Silverleaf is not getting a 100% reading when the tank is full. That would seem to indicate that either the fresh tank needs to be recalibrated via the Silverleaf panel (tank MUST be drained first) or the sensor is not properly reading the fullness. Also, make sure your tank size is set to 105 gallons, as that info will be used to determine how full the tank is.
The FW tank calibration may be off just a little, allowing the over-filling. It is not off much, however, and not enough for me to go to the effort of recalibration. As for the Start level, I may increase that to 65%.

TJ

I believe only the SilverLeaf folks have the joy of this option, we just get the manual sensor but I think @redbaron had a failure of his or something and probably knows best on our commoner units. I think @TJ&LadyDi also sets carbonation or not, self cleaning, temperature, don perrier, etc. all from his control center. Pretty amazing!

I find that when my tank is overflowing, the top of the tank is bulging. It may be related to the anti siphon setup that I installed. When filling stops at 100% its nearly fully and maintains its shape.

I find that the tanks need to be recalibrated every so often. I think its because of atmospheric pressure changes as our elevation changes. The gray and black tanks are easy to recalibrate as every few days they are emptied. I have accidentally pressed recalibrate fresh instead of gray, which will cause the fresh water tank to overfill as Silverleaf read 0% when its actually full.

The fresh water tank is easy to drain using the low-point drain, but it does take a while to drain and re-fill and can make a puddle nearby.

I believe only the SilverLeaf folks have the joy of this option, we just get the manual sensor but I think @redbaron had a failure of his or something and probably knows best on our commoner units. I think @TJ&LadyDi also sets carbonation or not, self cleaning, temperature, don perrier, etc. all from his control center. Pretty amazing!
Those carbonated showers are really amazing, all right! :ROFLMAO:

TJ

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back