Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Answered Automatic Generator Start settings suggestions?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

MarkMaxPayne

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
New Aire 3543
RV Length
36'
Chassis
Spartan
TOW/TOAD
Fiat 500 Turbo
Fulltimer
No
Hi everyone!!!

I recently purchased a 2023 Newmar New Aire and am having some issues with the generator starting on the first try either manually or via AGS. The rig came with two Lithionics batteries (640AH combined) and AGS is set to come on at 30% charge left from the factory.

Whenever I try to start my generator, either manually or via AGS, it doesn't start the first try. It'll prime the fuel, crank a couple of turns, stutter as it tries to catch, but not fully start. This causes a generator fault. If I manually tell it to try starting again, it'll catch right away that second try and run with no issues. However with AGS, are there settings to either prime longer, crank longer, and/or try again? It appears with the AGS once you get a failed start and fault it is out of the picture until you manually reset things so it can try again. As it stands today, it will not auto start and run to then recharge my batteries on its own.

Best,
-Mark

following, hopefully someone will chime in with a solution

I know it is not the same, but in my 2021 Dutch Star the AGS will try to start the generator up to 3 times. It's a setting though, so you need to check it's not 1 time. Just read the manual for the invertor's AGS last week. Are you sure you don't have a setting?

There should be a big black box filled with MFG User manuals. Look for the Control User Manual. Is it an RC 50 or some other Magnum controller? RC50 image below

81o0OcBuWUL._AC_SX679_.jpg

I don't believe I have that device on my 2023 New Aire. Everything is apparently controlled through the Silverleaf system talking to the inverters for thinks like shedding and gen autostart.

Turned out that the chassis batteries were just garbage after being abused at the dealership. I replaced them as it was becoming obvious they just were not taking and holding a good charge after owning the rig for just a month. Now that I have new chassis batteries the gererator leaps to life very quickly.

Best,
-Mark

Latest resources

Back