skychs

RVF VIP
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana LE 3636
RV Length
I know and understand tire pressures are based on specific tires and weight. For my coach (2015 Ventana LE with 275/70/22.5) with a GVW around 31,000 lbs the tire charts recommend a pressure around 100psi.

What pressures are you running in your Class A's? Again, I know it's all dependent on coach, size, weight, tire size etc etc. Im just curious what others are running for pressures.
Thanks

On a long trip I’ll hit a Cat scale at my initial fuel stop to verify weight then adjust as necessary.
Granted the tires will not be cold but at startup I can estimate load very close by now, my initial tire pressure is usually spot on, I am never far off.
I Refer to the Michelin tire pressure chart and add 5psi, but never over max pressure, for good measurement at start of the day.
if I need max tire pressure the RV is over loaded as tires are rated for greater weight than the axles are rated to carry.

I usually keep about 100 lbs in mine. Same tire size as yours.

110 psi front and 82-85 psi rear and tag

I air the tires to 120 front, 110 rear...

I think you are very close to the top limit, which is 130psi. I’m sure on a hot day while driving, the front tires are going past the 130?
Have you checked the Michelin tables against your four corner weight and tires model?

That seems a little high to me as well. You may want to refer to the tire pressure chart for your brand of tire. I did verify with Michelin .... its ok to exceed the max pressure while driving. Its the COLD tire pressure that can not exceed the limit.

Per my corner weights I could run 115 & 105 cold but we are happy with the ride and I don't have to be concerned about mile high cold mornings or a little more weight on a trip.

Sorry, but there is no “average tire pressure” for any coach. Each individual coach is different in weight, load balance, tire size, etc. The correct tire pressure for one coach is unlikely to be the correct tire pressure for even another one of the same year/make/model.

Sadly, discussions like this lead people to pick a tire pressure at random based on someone else’s coach instead of getting their own coach properly weighed for corner weights and consulting the tire manufacturer’s charts.

TJ

Latest resources

Back