RV Length
43 ft
Chassis
Roadmaster RR10S
Engine
Cummins 400 ISL
TOW/TOAD
2010 Ext. Cab Silverado 4x4
Some of you may remember my problem going south to Florida in December. I had a crank no start condition at a nice campground outside of Troy, Alabama. Coachnet provided a tow to a shop in Troy and they fixed my issue, a bad connection to my lift pump. In retrospect I should have just called a mobile mechanic on my own dime first but didn't, so here we are. I will next time if I'm already at a campground.

The driver didn't want to unhook my driveshaft, kept saying he'd been doing this 22 years and it wasn't necessary, but I insisted. He couldn't get his fat ass under there so he called the truck shop he was towing me to and they sent out someone to do it.

When we got to the repair shop I looked the coach over. Crack above the front electrical bay door, underside of front cap all roughed up, generator slideout crooked. Gouge out of fiberglass on bottom in front of passenger side tire. What I didn't see until we got to Florida was that he'd also bent the bottom of my rear electrical bay door with my mudflap when he raised the coach way up so he wouldn't have to bend over to attach the wheel straps. Didn't know then that the mudflap needed to be removed and it was his responsibility, now I do. I showed him the damage I saw and told him I was going to file a claim.

I filed a claim with coachnet and they got on it. Contacted the tow service and got the insurance agent. The stall began. Then the insurance agent claimed Goodyear didn't want to turn it in. Coachnet called Goodyear and they said that was a mistake, they wanted to pay. Then serious stalling began. Finally just this week I contacted the adjustor again and she said Goodyear would not cooperate, wouldn't even talk to her, so her hands were tied.

I turned it over to my own insurance company, State Farm, on Friday. I had 16,000 deposited into my checking account by State Farm this morning. Now the body shop at Gerzeny RV World is lining up parts so we can get an appointment for repairs. State Farm will go after Goodyear and their insurance company for the amount and hopefully get my deductible back.

I would have turned it in months ago but I was convinced Kevin Goodyear was going to pay as they had accepted responsibility and said they were going to pay. My mistake.

Moved here, completely removed at irv2 because a mod told me they don't allow disputes. My response to him will probably get me banned. Maybe I should just stay the hell off of the internet.

Wow, $16,000 of damage due to a bad tow? o_O

Moved here, completely removed at irv2 because a mod told me they don't allow disputes. My response to him will probably get me banned. Maybe I should just stay the hell off of the internet.
Glad you finally got some compensation. Many dont. I also saw dozens of disputes tolerated over there. And quite a few double standards too.

Fish. Don’t go away. People need to know this stuff. Put it on rvservicereviews.com

This site is a wonderful service. I wish more people would post their experiences there.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back