• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

CJayPav

RVF Newbee
Hello folks.
Wife and I just purchased a 2008 Winnie Adventurer Limited 37GL gas pusher 8.1 L Vortec on the UFO workhorse chassis. Looking forward to getting out on the road! Anyone out there with a similar rig with any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated.

Hello folks.
Wife and I just purchased a 2008 Winnie Adventurer Limited 37GL gas pusher 8.1 L Vortec on the UFO workhorse chassis. Looking forward to getting out on the road! Anyone out there with a similar rig with any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated.
I have a 2008 CT Coachworks Siena with the W22 chassis and 8.1L Vortec and my biggest surprise has been the gas pumps. The big fuel stations have the big-rig pumps for the diesel, but I am usually stuck maneuvering around the cars and pick ups at the regular pumps. I have my wife research gas stations before we arrive so I know which ones have easy entrance/exit and good overhead clearance. Something else I learned having an older class A and traveling frequently in snow and ice - have a few feet of pex pipe and extra SharkBite fittings for plumbing repairs. Remember battery maintenance and keep some Dicor sealant available for roof and side repairs. Enjoy your journey!

Welcome from Georgia!

Looking for recommendations for
I have a 2008 CT Coachworks Siena with the W22 chassis and 8.1L Vortec and my biggest surprise has been the gas pumps. The big fuel stations have the big-rig pumps for the diesel, but I am usually stuck maneuvering around the cars and pick ups at the regular pumps. I have my wife research gas stations before we arrive so I know which ones have easy entrance/exit and good overhead clearance. Something else I learned having an older class A and traveling frequently in snow and ice - have a few feet of pex pipe and extra SharkBite fittings for plumbing repairs. Remember battery maintenance and keep some Dicor sealant available for roof and side repairs. Enjoy your journey!
we were looking to replace our 4 rear tires due to age. Ours are 275/70r/22.5..any recommendations? Looking at possibly joining FMCA for their tire discount program.

Looking for recommendations for

we were looking to replace our 4 rear tires due to age. Ours are 275/70r/22.5..any recommendations? Looking at possibly joining FMCA for their tire discount program.
I believe in what many of the experienced full-timers have said to me and that is to change all tires on the rig at the same time so you don't have different schedules to remember, unless that option has already been negated. I have calculated costs from some of the tire replacement programs and do not believe they are a true benefit, cost wise. Unless you have a blow-out or catastrophic failure, you can plan for total replacement and find a good deal online or at some of the larger tire shops. My math indicates I save money over a 7-year period if purchasing without a tire policy. To each his own, but those are my thoughts. My tires are at the seven year point so I am watching for a great deal to replace all six of mine, even though they look like new and have low mileage. I emphasize correct tire pressure, tire pressure, and tire pressure. Good luck!

Latest resources

Back