Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

MYfeetSTINK

RVF Newbee
I have a 97 Fleetwood Flair and the backup camera system doesn't work. How much trouble is it to replace it with a wireless camera system?

@Alex444
Can I replace a backup (wired) camera on a '99 Minnie Winnie.....monitor & camera....with this system, using
the wires in place?

I just bought a wireless bc from Tadi Brothers. I am in the process of hooking it up now. Getting power to it has been a problem. I am using the old cable after repairing it. I am finding next to impossible to run a new power wire.

Good luck with yours.

I just bought a wireless bc from Tadi Brothers. I am in the process of hooking it up now. Getting power to it has been a problem. I am using the old cable after repairing it. I am finding next to impossible to run a new power wire.

Good luck with yours.
Hi, what model cam did you get?
Can you just hook up the camera to one of the running lights along the top in the back?
So far haven't found a decent installation video.

Tadi Brothers has all kinds of them, I just got rear view only. I am using the old co-ax cable to run power. I stripped it and am using the shield for ground and the 4 interior wires for the positive side. I had to trace the cable from front to back to find out that there were 2 breaks. A lot of laying on the creeper and crawling around underneath. If you want to know your RV, this will do ir.

Tadi brothers has great customer service and good videos.. I got the wireless model with the 9 inch screen, because that covers the hole where the old one was.

Tadi Brothers has all kinds of them, I just got rear view only. I am using the old co-ax cable to run power. I stripped it and am using the shield for ground and the 4 interior wires for the positive side. I had to trace the cable from front to back to find out that there were 2 breaks. A lot of laying on the creeper and crawling around underneath. If you want to know your RV, this will do ir.

Tadi brothers has great customer service and good videos.. I got the wireless model with the 9 inch screen, because that covers the hole where the old one was.
Thanks, good to know. Sounds like "fun".
We're on dirt, so won't be crawling with the critters. ?
I'll check out Tadi Bros. ?

The good thing is that the industry standard color coding of the wires has not changed for this so you can use the same wiring - I changed out my B&W camera and monitor for color. I did have to replace the connectors at each end. Not too hard to figure out - you don't need audio from the aft camera (but if you do one of the wires is for that).

Someone didn't get the memo, as one guy in a video said the
green wire was hot. DOH!
I thought green was always ground, but I'll be sure to check first. ;)

I ordered this wireless camera on Amazon:
AMTIFO HD 1080P A5
Free shipping & returns $147. Should be fun.

Thanks for all the info.:)(y)

Latest resources

Back