RV Length
26’
Chassis
Sprinter
Engine
3.0 diesel
Fulltimer
No
Does anyone who has a motor home on a Sprinter chassis, know how to activate the rear camera while driving forward? Mine only comes on in reverse.

Does anyone who has a motor home on a Sprinter chassis, know how to activate the rear camera while driving forward? Mine only comes on in reverse.
Hi Mikey1966,
I'm new to the forum and just saw this. My Sprinter is a 2008 chassis and has an added-on b/u camera which activates only in reverse as well. I believe there are safety reasons for not having the camera on when driving but we're all (mostly) adults here. I know when wiring an add-on camera it takes power from the reverse-lights circuit so the camera is off until the tranny is in "R". I've never messed with a factory camera but if you're game you can try to tap into a circuit that is always on (when the accessories and/or ignition are on) or add a dashboard switch and run an entirely new circuit. The best place to start tracing where power is coming and going is the breaker box.

Hope that helps, or at least hope you found an answer prior to this!

Many systems are switchable to run either in reverse, or all the time. Look for a physical switch on the monitor (front or rear of monitor) or find the "Settings" menu and browse through that...

Latest resources

Back