Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Continuing my plumber education thanks to RVing I went to push down the master bathroom sink drain to let it fill with water (can't remember why). It wouldn't come back up. Oh great. I was able to unscrew it and remove it, okay, I can use the sink again. I figured the plunger mechanism was just yucked up from years so I soaked it overnight in cleaning vinegar and a little bit of lime away and that did not fix it, in fact it started to remove the brushed nickel finish and turned it bronze. Yaye! I forgot to mention I tried LPS 2/3 lubricants on it first, no luck.

I emailed Newmar parts for the replacement which took two days and in the interim I went to Lowes to see what they had. I had hoped to just find the center part that failed but instead you have to buy the entire assembly and as they're not the same that means removing the old and installing new. I talked to the person working the aisle and he outlined what to do and said it wasn't hard, and it wasn't. What made it hard it Newmar using a ton of silicone sealant so I had to cut that way and worked the old assembly out.

There are two types of these contraptions, one for a sink that has the overflow (master bath sink has this) and then one for just a bowl, no return overflow in the sink, my half bath. As my half bath is going to have the same issue I bought one of each. I only installed master bath and it was simple and so far no tidal waves in the bathroom. So if you have to do this as they can yuck up, know it's a simple swap to new. I actually like the mechanism in the new one better than what Newmar installed. Win win.

Amazon has gazillions as well:

Latest resources

Back