RV Model
Dutch Star
RV Length
44'
TOW/TOAD
JL Wrangler
I swear I search first.

21 Dutchstar.

We are plugged into 50a at Fort Wilderness. My house batteries read 12.6 and my Chassis batteries are 12.3

The inverter / converter controls read 12.9 full charge.

last night. The chassis batteries were around 12.2 and house batteries were 12.4/5

I turned charge off and back on ( as it was reading float ) and it began to charge at 12.Xv and was saying plus 75 or so amps.
House batteries went up to around 13.1 by this am. And chassis batteries were around 12.6

we were gone all morning and when I came back we have the above reading of full charge 12.9 and no activity. The HVAC display shows house 12.6 and chassis 12.3

now. I feel both voltages are fine. But I keep reading how the switchover will not Happen to charge chassis batteries until house is full at 13.X. So my chassis batteries are just sitting there getting no exercise.

can someone confirm this is normal operation. Do I need to adjust a setting ?

sorry for the learning curve.

We shall learn together. When we were doing our FPU, I asked the tech about the different voltages displayed on the HVAC control vs the Magnum inverter remote. He said there is more draw reflected on the HVAC display, and the inverter remote should be the one we rely upon to judge our state of charge.

I don’t want to learn At camp. Lmbo

I am just used to my old coach that was always above 13v on both chassis and house when plugged in.

A good resource is @redbaron’s simple guide to batteries.

Latest resources

Back