• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

KinCA

RVF Regular
Hello,

Another question from a total beginner. I just purchased two new 12v deep cycle batteries to replace the old ones that were on my new to me trailer. I took pictures before disconnecting everything hoping it would be enough to allow me to reconnect correctly. It wasn't.

I have two batteries connected as the diagram below shows, but I have an additional 3 wires remaining that I am unsure of where to connect to. One is a ground (which I believe goes to a negative terminal, but not sure if it matters which one) the others Look like they run to my on board generator. From my pictures the number of wiers connected to each terminal from L to R below were 4, 2, 1, 2. Would I be correct in assuming the ground should connect to the first negative terminal from the left, then connect the positive wire from the generator to the first positive and the negative wire from the generator to the far right negative terminal on the 2nd battery?

Also open to recommendations for service options in San Diego. Mobile or otherwise. Thank you!
1643064466387.png

With the parallel system shown. It doesn't matter. + to+, - to-. What ever is most convenient.

Latest resources

Back