RV Length
43 ft
Chassis
Roadmaster RR10S
Engine
Cummins 400 ISL
TOW/TOAD
2010 Ext. Cab Silverado 4x4
I put in a new Magnum 2012-20B today. Now my batteries are charging unlike before and everything seems to be working well, I'll check it in the morning to make sure.
The only thing is I checked the battery temp on the remote and it still shows 151C which is 300 something Fahrenheit. I know that's not right.

I got a new sensor and wire with the new magnum. Problem is the inverter is about 20 ft from the battery bank. I pulled on the telephone wire and there's no give there so it doesn't look like I can run the sensor with the new wire connected.

I was wondering if I could splice the new magnum sensor into the old telephone wire run. Some sort of phone wire connector splice?

The old sensor looks nothing like the new one and it looks ratty as all get out.

Maybe it is better to ask Magnum for a longer wire with sensor already spliced?

Maybe it is better to ask Magnum for a longer wire with sensor already spliced?
Length of wire is not a problem.

Getting it from point A inverter to point B battery tray is the problem. 20 feet and hidden.

Pulling on the wire from either end there is no give. I don't want to tear this motorhome completely apart just to run a new wire.

You are right about that. I have abandoned few ideas for the same problem. Wires are zip tied to the frames inside the walls and there is no way of pulling them out. I’m trying to pull the front AC sensor, but no go?

I found the answer and it is yes. Ordered a crimp tool, ends and female to female connector for $20.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back