Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Larry Woodward

RVF Regular
2017 Dutch Star has small radiant heater in water bay. Anyone tried installing either a small 12 volt or electric 110 fan to circulate warm air?

There is a thermistor in the wet bay that I believe is set for 40f which activates the fan for the heat exchanger. Not sure of the need to add anything.
This is for a Newmar, not sure what coach you have.

I used to put a heat lamp in there as it's probably safer then small electric heaters others suggest, (which I've used as well). But regardless I'd say the most important item is a remote temperature monitor. With this you'll likely see you don't need additional heat. I have propane/forced air and as long as I'm running the furnace, the wetbay stays warm enough.

Now they're pretty cheap to use your phone, like these, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y36FWTT/?tag=rvf01-20

There is so much going on in the bays with electronics, like the inverter and Oasis system, that the bays stay pretty warm, even in low 30's weather. Last month the overnight temps were dropping to the low 30's while we were camping and the bays were staying at 60 degrees.

I run a remote thermometer in the center of the bay, primarily to watch the heat during 80+ degree weather. I'll crack a bay door if needed, as the bays can get into the 100 degree range. I installed a bathroom vent (tube type) in my 2014 DS basement.

Latest resources

Back