RV Length
37’
Chassis
Ford
Engine
V10
TOW/TOAD
None
This is a general FYI. I just came from Solar Solutions. Great experience. I got an ags system installed and Li batteries.

For those with a Xantrex inverter, Solar Solutions has a stand alone ags that will work with the Xantrex inverter. This will start and stop the generator automatically based on state of charge of the batteries.

However, it can be set to start the generator before the A/C, but as yet, it appears that it cannot shut the generator off after the A/C goes off. This is because it uses an external temperature sensor to start the generator at a temperature lower than that for which the thermostat is set to start the A/C. Once started, the temperature will not go below the set temperature. Thus the generator will not shut off. In order to have auto start and stop, bases on the need for power, one must switch to aMagnum inverter. Another approach would be to upgrade to a 3000W Xantrex (to keep the wiring the same) and let the A/C start on the batteries (assuming one has enough). Then let the generator start and stop based on state of charge.

Note for heat, in the winter the external sensor set up will work well with the furnace, since th activation temperature will be lower than the deactivation temperature.

Hope that helps anyone looking to do this.

By the way, if you have your coach built, you will likely have to oress your sales person toget Newmar to use the Magnum inverter in the build and install ags at that time. My sales person did not want to be bothered, and told me that could not be done. You have tore ind them, the more stuff you put on it, the higher the price, and thus the higher their commission. Or youcould pay them less and pay Newmar directly at the Service Center.

Latest resources

Back