RV Length
37’
Chassis
Ford
Engine
V10
TOW/TOAD
None
Anyone know where the fuse or breaker for the step motor is on a 2020 BayStar? When snow comes, I will not be able to enter the coach without destroying the steps. Don’t need them most of the time while parked at home anyway.

It's likely on the fuse block behind your cord reel. Review the fuse layout which is typically printed on the black plastic fuse panel protector (back side of it).

Thanks Neal.Bay Star has no fuse block back there. There is one in the engine compartment. I haven’ yet studied that one.

Wherever your external 12V fuses are located, that's where I'd expect to find it.

At least on my coach it is in the Newmar (not Ford chassis) under hood fuse/breaker panel (the one covered with a clear plastic cover). In my case is it not fuse but a self reseting circuit breaker B-4. It should be marked on the cover ID sheet.
It will probably be much easier to disable the steps by unplugging the 4 pin connector under the coach that connects to the step controller.

@Steve W. :​

That was the answer from Newmar. Winters can be harsh here so I don't think I wil dissonnect anything under the coach. I will also give them some extra lubrication. I might even consider adding aswitch to that wire in the box or have Newmar do it. It seems shameful to put wear and tear on the steps, which already seem to have their share of problems, unnecessarily. The next warm day(hopefully we will have more) I will use the jacks to raise the tires enough to get another 2 x 12 underneath and hope for the best. I cannot let snow pile up and pack down under the steps.

Latest resources

Back