RV Year
RV Make
Coachman
RV Model
Apex Nano
RV Length
Fulltimer
No
Has anybody tried to have a break controller installed on a Jeep Grand Cherokee after market? Dealership won’t do it. They say there is no Jeep part to install. Any thoughts? I have the car, I have a travel trailer but I can’t connect them. Obviously I’m new at this.

Maybe the dealer wouldn't install the brake controller because the Jeep you have isn't suitable for towing?? They don't want to be liable for the law suit that could happen? Can you give us more info on what kind of equipment your Jeep has and how much your travel trailer weighs?

Hitch Weight: 370 lb. GVWR: 4700 lb. UVW 3515 lb. CCC 1185 lb.

Grand Cherokee Limited. V6 engine. Tow capacity 6900 lbs

So what you are trying to tow has electric brakes? If what you are wanting to pull has only surge brakes then you don't need a brake controller anyway. I certainly would not want to tow anything close to 7,000 pounds with a Cherokee but I tend to be overcautious anyway.

So what you are trying to tow has electric brakes? If what you are wanting to pull has only surge brakes then you don't need a brake controller anyway. I certainly would not want to tow anything close to 7,000 pounds with a Cherokee but I tend to be overcautious anyway.
It has elecitric breaks.

Hitch Weight: 370 lb. GVWR: 4700 lb. UVW 3515 lb. CCC 1185 lb.

Grand Cherokee Limited. V6 engine. Tow capacity 6900 lbs
How much does your loaded camper weigh? With everything in it. How long is your camper?

Latest resources

Back