RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
New Aire
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Rubicon
We're planning a trip late next summer/early fall to Glazier NP and tour Montana in general. We'll be traveling from the Tulsa area. I don't see us doing many hikes, certainly nothing strenuous. Questions 1) any recommendations of RV parks in the Whitefish/NP area? and 2) what else should we see in MT? Little Big Horn Battle site? Wild horse herd in Pryor Mountains? 3) any must see towns to visit?

Thanks in advance!

We're planning a trip late next summer/early fall to Glazier NP and tour Montana in general. We'll be traveling from the Tulsa area. I don't see us doing many hikes, certainly nothing strenuous. Questions 1) any recommendations of RV parks in the Whitefish/NP area? and 2) what else should we see in MT? Little Big Horn Battle site? Wild horse herd in Pryor Mountains? 3) any must see towns to visit?

Thanks in advance!
I can't be of any help but I will say that it sounds like a grand trip! Have fun!

I spend every summer at Glacier NP, and have been here for 15 years.

There is plenty to do outside of the park, depending on activity level.

I can tell you that you do not want to stay anywhere near whitefish. The atmosphere, pricing, and distance are reasons. Think of staying in Miami for a relaxing beach vacation---the two do not equate :)

What kind of activities do you enjoy, and how much time are you going to spend here?

We drive every year from DFW Texas area. We always stop at Pryor mountains, both directions. That is the only guaranteed stop we have no matter what---you won't be disappointed. If you have a jeep, I can share with you some routes guaranteed to show you the horses no matter what time of year.

Sounds like a great trip-- can't speak to 'what to see" just don't miss out on the huckleberry ice cream. IT IS FABULOUS

@redbaron just starting to make plans but would like to stay a minimum of one week near the NP. Which RV park do you recommend? Found a Moose Creek RV park near west Glazier that looks really nice.

Where do you stay when you visit the Pryor Mountains? And yes we have a jeep, would love to hear more.

Moose creek is OK. I have stayed at North American RV Park for 14 of my 15 years.

2 years ago I did their wifi, and can easily say it's the best in the canyon.

The alternative would be the west glacier koa. Very nice park.

In Pryor, we stay on the BLM land and boon dock for a night. Have also stayed at horse shoe bend.

I will post up my OnX route that we take for the horses. It's a level 3/10 so nothing difficult. Just long and tight turns.

Latest resources

Back