Chassis
Sparten
Engine
450 cummins
TOW/TOAD
2022 Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
my unit has 3 slides, I can put the 2 big ones out but the small bedroom slide only goes out about 3 inches and stops and doesn't want to return, I'm on shore power at the house, it is 20 degrees out if that matters. what am I missing?

Are you trying with the motor running?? The only thing I can think of is the amp draw on the batteries may be a lot higher with things being that cold. Do all batteries show full voltage??

Are you trying with the motor running?? The only thing I can think of is the amp draw on the batteries may be a lot higher with things being that cold. Do all batteries show full voltage??
I was thinking that also, I will fire it up today and see if that makes a difference, batteries show full voltage, I'm used to the resettable breakers on my past 5'vers but this doesn't appear to be the same issue

My Kountry Star likes to have the motor running while I put the slides out. I will have hooked up to park power before I put them out, but don't shut motor down until all slides are deployed. Also I assume you are on air bags and at ride height when trying to activate that slide?? It doesn't take much out of level to bind the slides up. I have found the full wall slide out last makes the other slides go out easier. Just the quirks of my specific model, but its worth a look.

all level, engine running, pulled the big slides in and tried the bedroom, no luck

Rats, that is all I have. From here I would think mechanical issues rather than power issues, but likely means getting under the bed area to see the motor and various linkages to see what is binding up. Sorry your dealing with this in the cold!

Hopefully it's not the shaft between the motor and the gear like mine...we were able to push the slide in and lock it. Fixed at Bish's in Oregon. Probably someone mechanical could fix it...I'm not. It was easy to see...

Attachments

• 8F3DF0FB-31EA-46E9-A87D-31A3540EF45C_1_201_a.jpeg
    8F3DF0FB-31EA-46E9-A87D-31A3540EF45C_1_201_a.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 49
  • F2840153-E032-4727-8C3A-33F5FA2081D1.jpeg
    F2840153-E032-4727-8C3A-33F5FA2081D1.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 46
  • D47CCCD6-BCB4-4191-80E5-76DA7AAFF216.jpeg
    D47CCCD6-BCB4-4191-80E5-76DA7AAFF216.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 50
Rats, that is all I have. From here I would think mechanical issues rather than power issues, but likely means getting under the bed area to see the motor and various linkages to see what is binding up. Sorry your dealing with this in the cold!
I'm in agreement, as it starts to move, then stops it seems to have power, I did get it to fully retract, I don't have a trip planned until spring so I will probably wait till it warms up a bit before exploring more. thanks for your help

Hopefully it's not the shaft between the motor and the gear like mine...we were able to push the slide in and lock it. Fixed at Bish's in Oregon. Probably someone mechanical could fix it...I'm not. It was easy to see...
thanks, thats a good place to start, pictures help a bunch

Latest resources

Back