Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
New years came around and I figured it was as good a time as any to set some goals and lose some weight. Not necessarily because of the "New Years Resolution" routine, but just because it was an easy "starting date" to remember and base calculations on.

So yeah, I was pushing the scale at 245 and it was not a healthy weight by any stretch of the imagination. I started by cutting out red meat except for once a week, and that's on what my wife called the "Splurge Day". lol On the Splurge Day we go to Chevelle's or a pizza place, you get the idea. And it's been working pretty well. Part of the problem is changing my mindset from the sausage and eggs for breakfast, or the pancakes and syrup, etc. and finding something that is good for me, holds me over and isn't high in calories.

One thing I've found to be good is one scrambled egg with two pieces of toast. I can put the egg between the toast and have a sandwich or I can have the egg on a plate with two pieces of toast. Same thing regardless of how you mix it but my mind seems to see a difference, and that's part of the game. Then it helps to add some different seasonings to that egg (sandwich or otherwise) and fool myself even more.

The other day I found some Pineapple - Mango Salsa :love: and boy is it good. It's good on just about everything. Well, if you like pineapple and salsa anyway. So I've been putting that on the top of my fried egg and what a difference. Still no more calories but it really spiced up the ol egg.

So if your inclined to like pineapple, I highly recommend it.

DSCN3404.JPG

DSCN3405.JPG

DSCN3403.JPG

Hmmm...seems you and I have a few things in common. One, we love the smell of freshly sawn wood and the beauty of unique grains. Secondly, we tip the scale at 245! After the onset of Guillian-Barre I went from 210 to 245 within a year. (Far less activity). Last October I started no-carb (type) diets because I love meat. Not even a pound lost ? Then no breakfast (well, a protein shake)...no luck either. I'm afraid the truth is staring me in the face saying (try) to increase your activity and eat less food (geezz). I'm going to try that...hmmm...next month.

Oh yeah...and I initially clicked on this link because I thought it was about making your coach lighter ?

May I suggest if you want to drop some pounds; along with the change of diet if you throw in any kind of aerobic exercise you will drop them a lot quicker.
When I say aerobic, I mean any thing that will get and keep you breathing hard and sweating.
If you are sedentary start slow and gradually build up.
Some examples:
-Yard work like mowing the lawn with a push mower
- Bike riding (not slow and easy) add a lot of hills as you progress
-speed walking (not slow and easy)
After the sweating and breathing hard, just take water (nothing with calories)

Good luck
Jack L
-

I have been a human yo-yo since 2013 dropping 30 lbs and then finding it again. I’m currently in the losing phase.

I began using an app called MyFitnessPal in 2013. It keeps track of what I eat, its attendant calories, and compensates for exercise. For me, the basic equation of output > intake = net loss is the only thing that makes sense.

I have tried various diets but haven’t had the success with them I have with keeping track of caloric intake.

Same here: lost 30 lbs, then I found it. Just when you get to the top of the food chain, you can't eat most of the stuff you like ?

The other day I found some Pineapple - Mango Salsa :love: and boy is it good. It's good on just about everything. Well, if you like pineapple and salsa anyway. So I've been putting that on the top of my fried egg and what a difference. Still no more calories but it really spiced up the ol egg.
Does this go on top of the Hatch Green Chiles, @Jim? You are using HGC, right? ;)

TJ

Latest resources

Back