Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Best Floorplan/make for a larger double bunk 5th Wheel?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Radioherd

RVF Regular
Hi All,

We are looking to start our long term RV adventure with two young boys (2.5+4) - the floorplans we like best to give them room so far are these two:

However, on RV Insider we have seem some pretty bad reviews for "quality" and "warranty" with Forest River. Is this a brand we should avoid? Anyone have a better brand with similar layouts we should consider instead?

We are starting with the ideal RIG then getting the truck to pull it!

Good morning, There is not a perfect RV out there. There are some that have more issues than others. Talking to owners is the best thing. Remember, more people post complaints than take the time to post good news.
Let me know if we can help.
Thank you,
Ken

I honestly wouldn't buy any product built by any company since March 2020. See if you can find a ~3-5 year old Coachmen, Forest River or Grand Design that's been well maintained.

I agree with statements about cheaper units (under $300,000) which have been produced during the covid years. It would be for that reason I would look for a one or two year old model that all the bugs have been worked out of and fixed.

There are a lot of triple axle toy haulers out there that would give you queen size bunks plus a sleeping loft in the back, and 1.5 baths. I would check out some Cyclone models. Our 4006 seats six in the large living area and sleeps 8.

I agree with statements about cheaper units (under $300,000) which have been produced during the covid years. It would be for that reason I would look for a one or two year old model that all the bugs have been worked out of and fixed.

There are a lot of triple axle toy haulers out there that would give you queen size bunks plus a sleeping loft in the back, and 1.5 baths. I would check out some Cyclone models. Our 4006 seats six in the large living area and sleeps 8.
Very nice floorplan definitely gives you the maximum space - my only reservations about the toy haulers is just the unfinished aspect of the garage is not as appealing - our two young boys will be in there and likley also use it as a play room so the sierra double slides layout just feel better for that. The extra 2 feet of lentgh and weight for the toy hauler too.

Do love the deck out back too thats a great option

Latest resources

Back