• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Ezyrider202

RVF Regular
2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA

About to order a Garmin RV Smart GPS. I like the 1090 because the 10 inch screen suits my attention span the best. I don't have access to the coach this afternoon, but from my pictures, I am slightly concerned that it might block my line of site if mounted on the dashboard. Anyone have experience with this particular model? I've also looked the 890 and 785 models that have somewhat smaller screens. All three seem to have the same functional features.

One other question: Although the descriptions of these models mention road restrictions, traffic and other factors in routing, none of them mention low bridges or overpasses. Obviously that it deliberate. Why?

Thanks for your thoughts.

EZYRIDER202

I use the Garmin RV 890 and the size is good for me. My concern as I do have mine on the left side of the steering wheel, on the dash, is larger would be a larger blind spot. I recommend mounting it in a location that you are not looking down or away from your line of site of driving, a pilot thing where we always hold the map up when looking out front at the same time (Air Force A-10's).

Latest resources

Back