Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
It may be time for, ehemm, someone...to join a gym again. Even as I built a home gym, don't ask how much I've used it, I'm considering getting out of the house and also the RV when traveling to make the gym more a part of my life, or well, that's the intention which I'm never short of. With that said, I did a little research on gym memberships that are best for use across the US and I'm interested in your opinions and experiences. It seems Planet Fitness may be at the top of the list???

https://www.planetfitness.com/

I'll cast a vote for Planet Fitness. But, my experience was that the $10/month didn't include the "motivation to drive across town" option. Pickleball courts to the rescue! But more of the same...gotta drive that five miles to get thoroughly beat by strangers. ARD may have found the solution with a small set of weights and a ruthless online trainer - not sure if that's working out as a long-term solution.

ARD may have found the solution with a small set of weights and a ruthless online trainer - not sure if that's working out as a long-term solution.
It's working out great. We train 3x/week. I have 5, 8, 10 and 15 lb dumbbells; a 10 lb slam ball, 8 lb medicine ball, pilates ball, ankle weights, loop bands and long bands. Just finished training a few minutes ago.... death by 5 lbs. 😂

Cross Fit is an option although it isn't for everybody. You would want to start it while in VA and see if it is your bag of tea. Once you are familiar with their type of training, you will feel comfortable going to any CrossFit.

There are also apps, like Wodify Athlete you may want to consider.

EDIT: I've never been to a Planet Fitness, but I noticed they have a mobile app as well. Sadly, I am in @GlampDaddy's camp. I am just not motivated enough to go to the gym on my own. Zooming with my trainer is the answer for me.

Reminds me of my dad, who mail-ordered a set Atlas weights, back in th 80's. Had to write back with the following: "Dear Atlas, received weights; please send muscles ASAP!"

I'm still looking for the easy-way-out. I'll die lookin', 'fraid.

In the meantime, before the "rona"...I had CRUNCH PEAK level, which allowed me to visit (with a guest) to any of their gyms. I believe it was $16/mo back then. There standard level was $9/mo, but only was for your single-hometown gym.

You can’t beat planet fitness for price and located in most major cities.

I'm a member of Planet Fitness. The $10/mo "Classic membership" is for one place (your home club), not all their places. You'll need a PF Black Card membership at $24.99 /mo to roam.

Today, I finally joined. I have to go! Winter has about done me in!

Planet fitness black card or whatever it's called so you can use it anywhere.

Pump You Up Saturday Night Live GIF

pillsbury dough boy GIF

Latest resources

Back