Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Patybear

RVF Newbee
Hi - We have a Gulfstream Endura Super C 37ft pulling a 28ft trailer. Would really like to spend time on trails in Utah National Parks. Any thoughts about the easiest route with less stress on pulling the trailer to this area would be appreciated. Also open to Zion, or Bryce if the route would be loess stressful on the RV/trailer. Thanks in advance for any thoughts or comments.

Hi - We have a Gulfstream Endura Super C 37ft pulling a 28ft trailer. Would really like to spend time on trails in Utah National Parks. Any thoughts about the easiest route with less stress on pulling the trailer to this area would be appreciated. Also open to Zion, or Bryce if the route would be loess stressful on the RV/trailer. Thanks in advance for any thoughts or comments.
What part of Illinois? If convenient take I70 west. At Limon, CO take hwy 70 southwest to CO Springs. In the Springs get on I25 south through Pueblo to Walsenburg. Take hwy 160 west over La Veta pass (9000 ft) thru Alamosa and on over Wolfcreek pass (11000 ft).The north side of the pass is a bit narrow but the south side is all new highway with spectacular scenery. From there onto Durango (ride the narrow gauge steam powered train to Silverton - also spectacular). From Durango onto Cortez, with a stop at Mesa Verde NP east of Cortez. From Cortez onto Moab and the stunning scenery of southern Utah. One reason for this route is that it is less heavily traveled than any other route going west from Denver and a lot fewer big trucks. Also, don’t be afraid of Wolfcreek pass. I have driven that pass with all sorts of rvs including camping trailers using a Toyota Tacoma, a 35 ft gas class A and a couple class Cs.

Latest resources

Back