Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Best service for streaming movies and other programming?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Jim

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
Finally got Dishy McFlatface up on the top of his tower and the directional antennas installed to send Internet from the park up to my house. So goodbye ViaSat and hello Elon!

Today I will fire ViaSat and soon to follow, Dish Network. Hope to replace Dish with a good streaming service. Who do you guys (and gals) use?

TIA,

Jim

We have been using YouTube tv for a couple of years. Pretty happy with it.

We are poised to cut our cable. One show my wife and I both like to watch is Live on Patrol (Live PD). That can only be had affordably on Philo with the addition of "Reelz" so subscribing to that is helping the transition quite a bit.
Pluto TV is free and we have it but I haven't exercised it much.

We have two Roku TV's and Roku has a moderate variety of stuff that comes with having a Roku anything. Not a lot but it tends to be free.

I'm not much on TV shows because I can't keep up with them. But I have watched several series from episode zero to the the final one on Hulu. I like it more for than than the occasional movie I watch on there.

Our Tmobile plan comes with Netflix free. I don't really watch it except for movies or to check out whatever their new show is making waves. I feel better about not having time to watch it now that I don't have to pay for it.

I looked at Youtube TV a bit. Good TV channel selection but for the price I figure might as well hook the cable back up.
That's all I've personally messed with. Son in law is all agog over something called "jarvis" which is $50 for six months and that's all I know about that one so far.

Finally got Dishy McFlatface up on the top of his tower and the directional antennas installed to send Internet from the park up to my house. So goodbye ViaSat and hello Elon!

Today I will fire ViaSat and soon to follow, Dish Network. Hope to replace Dish with a good streaming service. Who do you guys (and gals) use?

TIA,

Jim
Nice work.

And here's Dishy McFlatface at the top of his new world! You gotta look close, he's quite a ways away! :)

DSCN9868.JPG

DSCN9870.JPG

+1 for Toutube TV. Also I use FireTV or stick, and just subscribed to ESPN+ to get the NHL. Working well for us!

Yiutube tv. We got rid of direct tv in all the houses except the coach. If there is ever another coach in my lifetime (the DW says there isn’t) I’d go without any dish services.

I'm another YouTubeTV fan we get HBO Max free with our AT&T phones. Other than that we signup for a pay service then Cancel it at the same time and watch for 30 days then move on to another pay service. If you pay for bunch of them just more than you can watch.

Do you have a flashing red light on that for low-flying aircraft? Holy carp.
lol, we were joking about that earlier. It's up there a ways. :)

Latest resources

Back