Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
In my 2017 Ventana 4037 I have a thermistor in the bedroom above the light switches then just outside the bedroom door across from the refrigerator is the forward zone thermistor. As a result of this close proximity of the two thermistors the bedroom zone (2) temp drastically affects zone 1 to the point I have to keep the bedroom sliding door half closed to shield the bedroom temps from the zone 1 thermistor.

Thermistors need to avoid being on outside walls as you know and do but thermistors for zones need separation. Where would be a better location for the zone 1 thermistor? The televator panel behind the jack knife sofa, under an overhead cabinet, on the side of the dinette cabinets, forward side adjacent to the sofa.

My 4369 has the same location/issue. I would think on the kitchen wall of the half bath would have been a much better location.

The other sucky location is the main thermostat. I've looked, and don't believe I have a thermistor for that one and believe it's reading directly from the thermostat, which is both on an outside wall and susceptible to getting hit with sun. Zone 1 (three ACs) might have been better to be fed from a thermistor under an overhead cabinet, like above one of the couches.

Reminder in the suggestions forum there is an up/down arrow on the right side of the OP's suggestion. Click UP to vote for it, down to vote against it. Newmar can see the number of votes on suggestions.

I don't know that the t-stat itself is doing anything for temp control, I think it's all based on the thermistors.

I don't know that the t-stat itself is doing anything for temp control, I think it's all based on the thermistors.
Yea, I've seen that suggested, but I've never found a thermistor up front on my 4369. Do you have two or three ACs? If three, where is your front thermistor?

Yea, I've seen that suggested, but I've never found a thermistor up front on my 4369. Do you have two or three ACs? If three, where is your front thermistor?
As stated in the OP, zone 2 is in the bedroom above light switches, zone 1 is across from the refer.

As stated in the OP, zone 2 is in the bedroom above light switches, zone 1 is across from the refer.
I paid attention to location, not your saying zone 1, but your right, in context, obviously a two zone coach.

So, I think that might be the difference of people's belief on what Newmar does. You guys with two zones, it's true, your Thermostat is only on the wall to control. Those of us with three zones, our zone 1 (front of coach) uses Thermostat internal temp, and then thermistors for zone 2 (bathroom) and zone 3 (bedroom). My Zone 2 and 3 are located similarly to your zones 1 and 2.

So, two things Newmar should change. Add a thermistor for zone 1 on three zone Ventanas and change location of the mid-ship thermistor (zone 1 or 2, depending on your model).

Latest resources

Back