Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

LK Stetler

RVF Regular
Do you have these bumps under you wall paper on the inside walls, especially under a window? If you do, it’s MOLD! You probably have extensive water damage infused the wall. My 2018 (bought brand new) THOR ACE 30.4 had them under the drivers side window. After removing the window and opening the wall, I found a tremendous amount of water damage. The water got into the wall via the seam cover/channel used to cover a seam from the roof to the window. The seam cover/channel was installed behind the window. The widow was then sealed. This allowed water to have a channel to travel from the roof directly inside the wall where the seam cover/channel meets the window. See pictures.
BEWARE! THOR wants to take no responsibility for this manufacturing stupidity. A3D29738-EC92-49A4-9E21-7762C66FEF9E.jpeg13046DC2-0C58-4564-B6FB-1313993C0892.jpeg13046DC2-0C58-4564-B6FB-1313993C0892.jpeg

Wow, that’s awful and especially no help from Thor.
So sorry you are going through this.

I will take no sides on Thor's quality issues, but I've heard that it could be improved.

Do you have these bumps under you wall paper on the inside walls, especially under a window? If you do, it’s MOLD! You probably have extensive water damage infused the wall. My 2018 (bought brand new) THOR ACE 30.4 had them under the drivers side window. After removing the window and opening the wall, I found a tremendous amount of water damage. The water got into the wall via the seam cover/channel used to cover a seam from the roof to the window. The seam cover/channel was installed behind the window. The widow was then sealed. This allowed water to have a channel to travel from the roof directly inside the wall where the seam cover/channel meets the window. See pictures.
BEWARE! THOR wants to take no responsibility for this manufacturing stupidity. View attachment 4556View attachment 4557View attachment 4557
This is scary. I will need to look at ours since is showing a bump in the same area. No looking forward but it will be worse to ignore.

Thor takes no responsibility for anything. Deny Deny Deny … Not their fault. I will NEVER buy Thor.

Thor takes no responsibility for anything. Deny Deny Deny … Not their fault. I will NEVER buy Thor.
Well I just bought a 2015 Thor ACE with two old recall. They fixed with no problem from Thor part. So on this I have to thanks them for their support.

Four year old coach in that condition - unforgivable.

Well I just bought a 2015 Thor ACE with two old recall. They fixed with no problem from Thor part. So on this I have to thanks them for their support.

It is a recall and they are required to fix it.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back