RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana LE 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
TOW/TOAD
2011 Jeep Liberty
Have a 2016 Newmar Ventana LE pulling a Jeep Liberty toad. We take two bikes with us when we travel and have a Swagman unit on the back of the Jeep that fiits into the Jeep receiver.

I don't really like this set up because if we are at a location where we don't plan on using the bikes we have to lug them around with us on the toad.

I'm look for recommendations for a bike rack system that fits between our MotorHome and our toad (for two bikes) and attaches somehow into/into the MotorHome receiver and still allows us to pull the toad.

I done a couple internet searches but cant seem to find what I'm looking for.

What would you recommend?

TIA

Last edited:
If you go with the dual hitch reciever. I like the Yakima Long Haul - approved for RV’s. Also get the u bolt thing to since it down.It works really well.

If you go with the dual hitch reciever. I like the Yakima Long Haul - approved for RV’s. Also get the u bolt thing to since it down.It works really well.
Got a link to “u-bolt thing”? Never heard of this.

I got sick of having to move or remove the rack off our Jeep so I went with this setup. I've been using a Kuat bike rack with a Reese double receiver and two of the anti rattle clamps. Works great and nice to see the bikes in the camera while traveling.

Attachments

• 20210408_145709.jpg
    20210408_145709.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 64
  • 20210401_104046.jpg
    20210401_104046.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 64
Thanks Everyone....exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Now to decide.

Not to throw a wrench into your thought process, but I just discovered that Vertical Bike Racks are also a thing. Take a look a the Yakima Hangout 4, Velicorax and Altaracks. I think these are perfect going going between the toad and MH.

I have 2 folding fat tire ebikes and no longer wanted to put them inside my suv. I wanted a bike rack setup where I could easily move the bike rack from the suv to the rig while on the road and when we know we’re not going to use the bikes for a few days. I decided on the heavy duty Thule Easyfold with a Roadmaster 10” rise adapter. The rest of my setup includes 2 anti rattle clamps, Blue Ox tow bar, Blue Ox rock guard and Roadmaster Stowaway modified to hold the rock guard when not in use. I also made an additional light set for the bike rack for when I put it on my suv as my bikes block a lot of the suv’s rear lights. I’ve tested the bike rack on the suv on some rough roads and have been impressed so far. I also did some clearance testing to make sure the bike rack/rock guard/suv combo won’t have issues with corners and dips behind the rig. I only had to make a small cutout mod to the rock guard. We are in our current park till May 3rd, so the full road test will come at that time.

Attachments

• 40AB2A7D-743F-489B-A057-D394DAAD2347.jpeg
    40AB2A7D-743F-489B-A057-D394DAAD2347.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 47
  • 8807C8C1-8F78-4A2D-A7BD-9472124C7D80.jpeg
    8807C8C1-8F78-4A2D-A7BD-9472124C7D80.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 46

Latest resources

Back