Canyon Star 3205
RV Length
Chassis
Workhorse w20
Engine
8.1 L Vortec
Fulltimer
No
Since I need to take my "wet bay" apart and replace the City Water / Fill inlet AND diversion valve, thought I would change out the Black Tank Flush inlet as well. In searching I have NOT found anything that indicates it's specifically for "black water" tanks. Are the fresh water inlet and the black tank flush inlet the same thing? Thanks for directing this numbskull ?

Definitely not. Freshwater inlet is where you add fresh water (drinking, etc.). The black water flush is used to rinse out your sewer tank (toilet waste). Use separate hoses for each and never mix them up.

You may not have a black tank flush valve. Pictures of your wet bay would help.

Yeah...I'll get a pic to show you my dilemma...and of course my question wasn't very clear. I'm asking if the INLETS (Two separate ones) are the same (although used for different purposes) Thanks for the response...

You can use any connector that will allow you to attach to the house tubing/piping and to the male end of your rinse hose. However you also need to install a one way check valve. Some of the connectors have the check valve built into the connector. The connector in my rv has a built in check valve but I still added another just to make sure along with a quick disconnect and a built in short rinse hose
0282DC18-64CC-4DDF-AE29-8D1B39E3CEC2.jpeg

"You can use any connector that will allow you to attach to the house tubing/piping and to the male end of your rinse hose."
I think you answered my question. Both of these INLETS look the same. One is for fresh water IN and the other is for Flushing the black tank. Both have built in check valves. Since I'm going to tear everything apart and replace everything, I was hoping to purchase the valves prior to the down time. My gut tells me they are the same, but I guess I just needed confirmation from you smart guys to give me comfort. Sure wish my wet bay looked like yours ? Thanks for the help

Attachments

• IMG_0549.JPG
    IMG_0549.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0550.JPG
    IMG_0550.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 18
Yes, the inlets are the same. The city water connection has a check valve right after the fitting. If you trace the black flush you will find a vacuum breaker at the highest point in the line (probably under a sink). That is what keeps the contents from the black tank from contaminating the potable water source.

Latest resources

Back