Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
2017 Newmar Ventana with the 1/3, 2/3 system. On this trip my yellow light on the dometic flush control is coming on very early, level display says 2/3 when I know it's not. I have SeeLevel and right now it's around 17%. I did multiple black tank rinses recently to triage this as well as 2 uses of AquaMax, no change. I also did a 12V system cycle with a several minute off period. No change.

Good news is it not hitting red until full so this is not affecting anything other than my nerves as to why this is happening.

Any suggestions or diagnosis?

Mine was doing this too and my guess was that it was becuase I dropped a laundry detergent pod in thinking it would help clean the tank but instead created a lot of nasty suds that gave false readings. Well maybe that was it and maybe not, and multiple flushing/rinsings didn't seem to help, but putting about 10 gallons of water in and driving all day a couple times seems to have cured the problem.

Thanks. I'm hoping this cures itself.

Look to see if the oem sensor strip is peeling off. This was my issue, but I was fortunate to have newmar replace it with the pressure sensor version that is flawless.

That was my thought and what I tried to see on arrival today but couldn't see it. I'll try taking the sanicon out and get a better view but I may have to pull the panel. Fortunately it's not inhibiting anything. Just an annoyance. I have an endoscope I suppose I could try.

I have an endoscope I suppose I could try.
Or a colonoscopy. Actually I wish I had an answer. I hate problems like this that really shouldn’t happen. Glad it’s at least manageable.

My yellow stays on all the time, had the coach for 3 years. We rinse regularly and well, in reality the yellow light means nothing to us.

Look to see if the oem sensor strip is peeling off. This was my issue, but I was fortunate to have newmar replace it with the pressure sensor version that is flawless.
Flawlessly, only when it retains the programming. I have to recalibrate every time I dump. Hoping service center will fix this September.

You do not want me to be your scope'ologist! Good grief this stuff is hard. But after several tries I found the target and all appears fine. I have a feeling I have "shtuff" around the 2/3rd sensor. I think most of us drive around with empty or near empty black, I'm going to do some drives with at least 2/3rd water with some cleaning solution in it (as indicated by my SeeLevel sensor) and see if I can get the upper walls cleaned off better. This has also been the longest time the coach has sit between trips.

Used a DEPSTECH Wi-Fi endoscope which has a lighted end. Handy to have for various uses.

You do not want me to be your scope'ologist! Good grief this stuff is hard. But after several tries I found the target and all appears fine. I have a feeling I have "shtuff" around the 2/3rd sensor. I think most of us drive around with empty or near empty black, I'm going to do some drives with at least 2/3rd water with some cleaning solution in it (as indicated by my SeeLevel sensor) and see if I can get the upper walls cleaned off better. This has also been the longest time the coach has sit between trips.

Used a DEPSTECH Wi-Fi endoscope which has a lighted end. Handy to have for various uses.

I think the sitting and drying inside of tank out is a big part of the problem. I have had way less problems with keeping tank clean since we are fulltime

Latest resources

Back