Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
It is going to get into the low 20s tonight where we are located. I turned on the Block Heater switch tonight in the energy management cabinet over the passenger seat. I expect that will activate some type of heat in or around the engine block. Is this correct?

It is going to get into the low 20s tonight where we are located. I turned on the Block Heater switch tonight in the energy management cabinet over the passenger seat. I expect that will activate some type of heat in or around the engine block. Is this correct?
Make sure the actual block heater is plugged in! Look in your engine compartment for a 110VAC electrical box and make sure the cord is plugged in.

Funny you mention that. I'm in Van Horn, TX where it feels like 200 below zero with 20mph winds! I plugged in my block heater, it's in my left aft bay (Ventana).

The craziest thing just happened when I was nosing around in the engine compartment looking for the cord to plug in the block heater. The latch for the engine compartment door seized up and is inoperable. I had to zip-tie the door closed. We are heading out in the morning and no way to fix this or order a new one. Give me a freaking break!!

Funny you mention that. I'm in Van Horn, TX where it feels like 200 below zero with 20mph winds! I plugged in my block heater, it's in my left aft bay (Ventana).
When we picked up our new London Aire we had to stop in Van Horn because of bad weather. Ended up being there 3 days because of a ice. Has to be one of those places were bad weather is very common.

Welcome to Tom Chelbana!

If it’s plugged in...and you have the L1, L2 amp readings on your PCS panel...the amps will jump when you activate the block heater. If the amps don’t respond to the switch...then go out I. The cold and check that it’s plugged in...

@Neal, Did you get a corresponding increase I. Engine temperature on the LBCU? That‘s where I look when I turn on my Oasis Engine Heat...

Latest resources

Back