Bought A Peplink Max Transit

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

"EZ"

Internet Forum Junkie since there was dial up!
RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Holiday Rambler
RV Model
Ambassador
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
So, I broke down yesterday and bought the Pepwave Max Transit Cat-20 5G router and Poynting 7-1 exterior antenna from the 5G Store.com. I was really close to purchasing the Cat-18 or the Duo Cat-12 units but I decided that before long the 4G only units would be out dated and sort of obsolete since they don't recognize all these new channels the FCC is selling right now to use for 5G. Too many Billions of dollars have been spent on 5G to think that they will support the 4G, 3G technology forever. I think it'll wind up being like Windows-7. It may work fine but when they stop supporting it?? You're screwed.

The guy at the 5G Store was VERY helpful. One thing I'm not real happy about is that he said I would have to have another device to use the code off of to be able to activate the sim cards when I go to buy them. AT&T and Verizon neither one have certified the new Cat -20 5G unit so the sim card won't work. He said T-Mobile has certified it so I may have to go that way for now. Who knows? It may work just fine with T-Mobile in our location. Since we bought the property at Weiss Lake in AL. and we mostly travel to Daytona Beach or Panama City Beach in Florida as long as they work there we're fine.

I'll let you know how this equipment works once I get them up and running. Being the Noob that I am with all this electronic stuff I may be back asking some questions. Thanks for everyone's help! Neal I hope you were right about buying this unit!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

I bet the SIM card will work.

I bet the SIM card will work.
Which sim card? AT&T or Verizon? Or both?
So, I broke down yesterday and bought the Pepwave Max Transit Cat-20 5G router and Poynting 7-1 exterior antenna from the 5G Store.com. I was really close to purchasing the Cat-18 or the Duo Cat-12 units but I decided that before long the 4G only units would be out dated and sort of obsolete since they don't recognize all these new channels the FCC is selling right now to use for 5G. Too many Billions of dollars have been spent on 5G to think that they will support the 4G, 3G technology forever. I think it'll wind up being like Windows-7. It may work fine but when they stop supporting it?? You're screwed.

The guy at the 5G Store was VERY helpful. One thing I'm not real happy about is that he said I would have to have another device to use the code off of to be able to activate the sim cards when I go to buy them. AT&T and Verizon neither one have certified the new Cat -20 5G unit so the sim card won't work. He said T-Mobile has certified it so I may have to go that way for now. Who knows? It may work just fine with T-Mobile in our location. Since we bought the property at Weiss Lake in AL. and we mostly travel to Daytona Beach or Panama City Beach in Florida as long as they work there we're fine.

I'll let you know how this equipment works once I get them up and running. Being the Noob that I am with all this electronic stuff I may be back asking some questions. Thanks for everyone's help! Neal I hope you were right about buying this unit!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Just an update............My box from the 5G Store arrived TODAY!!! It took 1 whole day to ship it and receive it. Man those guys don't mess around! I'm a happy camper!!! So to speak............. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Awesome and either and any card. They all will work I believe. Hurry up, let us know how it goes!

Awesome and either and any card. They all will work I believe. Hurry up, let us know how it goes!
Wanna come to the lake this weekend and help me install it? ???

EZ, interested in seeing how much trouble, if any, you had with activating an AT&T or Verizon SIM card for your device. Several users have posted on the Peplink forum they had difficulty in activating the CAT 20 devices as they are not yet certified. I went through this with my CAT 18 back in May of last year with Verizon.
I'll share what worked for me with Verizon. There are a finite number of manufacturers that actually make cellular modems. I found the IMEI # of a device that utilized the same modem that was in the CAT 18 & used that to activate my SIM card. Verizon had to reset the device on their end, but, as soon as they accomplished that it connected with the Peplink default settings.
I presently have multiple data only Verizon SIM cards for backup. An interesting observation, the SIMs cards are interchangeable between my Peplink device & my PC (with adapter) which has a Sierra Wireless CAT 6 card installed in it.
Good luck!

Remember, they may SMS message activation to the line number, I had this with T-Mobile I think. Well, it’s a pepwave so how do you get SMS messages? You can, I posted how, try searching the forum as I’m away from my computer at the moment. If you give the carrier your IMEI it should work but that’s not typically necessary anymore. You can get the IMEI should you need to call in (or live chat) from the Cellular details page (click details on the right side of the cellular row).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back