Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Leanne

RVF Newbee
Hi, I'm Leanne and I just bought my first fixer upper RV. In a couple months, I plan to start traveling so any advice or tips anyone can offer would be such a blessing. I'm trying to learn what I can from YouTube videos but could sure use any help. I live in Tennessee and plan to travel the majority of the country and also Canada. I will be by myself except for my 2 dogs so pet friendly ideas and security/safety ideas would be great. Also, I have an Etsy business I will be doing while traveling so any help on WIFI, etc. would be awesome. Basically I'm in RV kindergarten!!

I bought a 1986 Champion Telstar 23' RV (yeah I know it's a classic), but it has VERY low mileage and has been incredibly serviced and taken care of. The inside just needs updating which I'm already doing and I want the entire outside painted. It needs dashboard air, turn signals and a couple other minor repairs but that's all I know of. It starts right up on the first try and has brand new tires and rims. The size is perfect for just me and my dogs to travel and work at the same time.

I haven't attempted to figure out the holding tanks, how everything works on the inside or outside, the leveling, etc. so that's going to be a trial by error I'm guessing. Other than that, I recently retired and just want to travel for awhile while I still have the opportunity.

That's about it. Any feedback would be so welcomed!!
Blessings,
Leanne

Thanks for reading and thanks for any help you might give. God Bless, Leanne

Last edited:
Hi, @Leanne; welcome to RVF. This is a very friendly, helpful forum with lots of folks with extensive RV experience. Can you tell us a bit more about your "fixer upper RV." Knowing more about it makes it easier for folks to help you with issues when they crop up.

TJ

@Leanne Welcome from a fellow Tennessean. I live in south central Tennessee near the Alabama border. Where do you hale from? I too bot a fixer upper and have some threads on my journey on the remodel. The best thing I can tell you about WiFi is call ahead and ask how the reception is. Sometimes you may be a able to pick a site close to a transmitter. I also look for surrounding facilities like a library or something that might have WiFi. Before you go on a big journey, you may want to do a few weekender trips to see what you like/need when RV'ing.

Anyway, give a holler sometime. :)

Morning and thanks for answering. I'm from Gatlinburg. I plan on doing some small trips first to figure out all I don't know and need to change, which is probably more than I'm understanding!! Can't wait to graduate this RV 101 to feel more comfortable. If I can figure out how to access your threads, I'd be interested in seeing your remodel suggestions. Thanks again for replying and talk soon.

Latest resources

Back