Thor Motor Coach
RV Model
Four Winds 30D
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Trail Hawk
Fulltimer
No
Has this happened to anyone else out there? After a wonderful first trip in our RV, I managed to break the key off in the storage compartment with the generator. Unfortunately this key is the key for all the storage compartments which I managed to lock before I snapped the key off in the lock. This was the only key I was given for all of our storage compartments. My question is where can I get another key, and how do I go about getting another lock or should I have a locksmith get the broken key out. I have attached a picture of the broken key. Thanks for all your answers in advance!!

John

2018 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 30D
2020 Jeep Trailhawk (Toad)

Attachments

• Broken Key.jpg
    Broken Key.jpg
    816.1 KB · Views: 14
I would suggest a dealer for a new key. That number on the broken key is what will give them the info. far as the broken part you may be able to slide something in beside the broken piece to work it out.........

I made spare keys for my Dutch Star at Lowes. And they work.

You might be able to retrieve the broken key piece by using a small scroll saw blade. Spray some lubricant in the keyhole and slide the blade in next to the broken key. slightly rotate saw blade and gently pull out. If that doesn't work, a locksmith is a sure thing. Good luck. Funny, I keep spare keys in a compartment that is sometimes locked...I'll need to re-think this ?

I keep a box with full set of keys for the coach in the Tow car. It helped me couple of times.

Go to camping world, with the number on the key and get a new one! Most of the time they have them in stock!
just when ya go there don’t buy an RV, just get the key and leave!! Lol

I want to thank all of you for your replies and ideas. I called the dealer and they happened to have a couple extra keys and just gave them to me. Now wish me luck I still need to get the broken key out of the lock.

Latest resources

Back