American Coach
RV Model
American Eagle
RV Length
Engine
525 Deisel
Fulltimer
No
While changing a burnt out light bulb in the bedroom ceiling. All the ceiling lights went out. All the other lights and outlets in the bedroom are still working. Checked the fuse box and everything was ok there. The bulb was really had to replace kept popping out and was extremely hot. Any idea where to go from here.

For all the lights to go out, you must have blown a fuse. Not familiar with your coach.

Is there another location for the fuse box for the ceiling lights beside the one under the bed?

Unfortunately the Owners Manual is not particularly useful in this regard. However, there appears to be only one 12v fuse panel.

Attachments

• american_eagle_2006.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 8
You might check the wiring with a multimeter for power and replace the fuse even though the fuse might look good. Some of those bulbs can get quite hot - turn them off before working on them. If it is an incandescent, you might consider changing it to an LED for cooler operation and higher efficiency.

Rick

I replaced all of our 12V bulbs with LED bulbs. They give the same or slightly more light and of the same color.

As a point of energy conservation, the 22 LED bulbs in our trailer use the same total amount of energy that 1 incandescent bulb uses. That is a BIG saving on energy and battery drain.

Is the standard 12 volt incandescent lamp in ceiling RV light fixtures known as a "T10" style? If yes, I think I will pick up a few for conversion.

Rick

We found the problem. We’d thought we’d checked all the fuses but didn’t know there are 2 fuse boxes in the bedroom. One beside the bed and the other is under the bed. Silly me didn't check under the bed. Which is where We should have been looking. Thank you everyone for your help.

Latest resources

Back