Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Yukon Denali
Fulltimer
Yes
So I've been having some issues with my water pump the last week or so in that the pump won't stop running or it won't run at all. Or I'll turn on the water, the pump keeps running and then I turn on water again and it will stop running. Called Newmar and they told me to BURP the system. I'm probably the only person who doesn't know how to get air out of the lines, but just in case someone else out there doesn't know and wants to try this before moving to the next step of buying a new controller, etc.... here yah go. TO BURP: Make sure you have fresh water. Turn all the faucets on, including shower and flush toilets. Run for about a minute or so. And there you go.

I'm not sure if it worked yet. I have VERY low water pressure at this campground, so I'll burp the girl again when I get to the next CG. ??

I have also found that you need to include the "outside shower" in the wet bay. In fact, I have solved a couple of issues with the water pump not picking up a prime by just doing the outside shower "burp."

TJ

Low water pressure by itself can cause this. My rear sink will cycle the pressure because the demand is so low but if I open two faucets the problem goes away per my pump manufacturer. Try turning on two faucets which create a higher demand and see if the problem goes away. I don't know...strange issue and you haven't had this problem before.

Answer quality: D-

I have also found that you need to include the "outside shower" in the wet bay. In fact, I have solved a couple of issues with the water pump not picking up a prime by just doing the outside shower "burp."

TJ
OHHHHHH, and I did recently use the one in the outside bay for sewer rinse. I'll try that too! Thanks TJ!!!

So I've been having some issues with my water pump the last week or so in that the pump won't stop running or it won't run at all. Or I'll turn on the water, the pump keeps running and then I turn on water again and it will stop running. Called Newmar and they told me to BURP the system. I'm probably the only person who doesn't know how to get air out of the lines, but just in case someone else out there doesn't know and wants to try this before moving to the next step of buying a new controller, etc.... here yah go. TO BURP: Make sure you have fresh water. Turn all the faucets on, including shower and flush toilets. Run for about a minute or so. And there you go.

I'm not sure if it worked yet. I have VERY low water pressure at this campground, so I'll burp the girl again when I get to the next CG. ??
@ARD ... add me to the list of people never hearing of this procedure. Just a silly question ... I assume you do this with the water pump on ... not the shore water supply?

FLSteve

@ARD ... add me to the list of people never hearing of this procedure. Just a silly question ... I assume you do this with the water pump on ... not the shore water supply?
FLSteve
That is a good question. Would the water pump be able to keep up with all the faucets open? My guess would be to run both. Burp .............

I would guess that the pump will not keep up. But all faucets on would keep the air in the lines from hammering as they purge.

In talking to @ARD a few weeks ago about this I suspect a faulty water pump controller. Hopefully new day new campground this problem will just go away. It's probably telling her get to warmer weather STAT!

In talking to @ARD a few weeks ago about this I suspect a faulty water pump controller. Hopefully new day new campground this problem will just go away. It's probably telling her get to warmer weather STAT!
I gotta tell you, your computerized rigs and controllers make me wonder if it is just a water pump, or the system in the house controls it. Irradic behavior indicates to me the pressure switch is a problem. Not shutting off, the same. On and off tells me the valves in the pump have dirt in the seats.

FLSteve
Ahhhh, that is a good question. @TJ&LadyDi feel free to chime in. I called Newmar back and they did tell me to do it with the pump on. The first time I didn't ?. It has not done the trick for me so far. Water pump will stay running after I turn off all the faucets including wet bay, shower, and flushing. On the other hand, the good news is the water pump turns on...for now.

Latest resources

Back