Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Marlyr

RVF Newbee
I live in WA state. Trailers are so expensive here. Any tips on buying from dealers in Iowa near manufacturing plants? Pros? Cons? they can deliver iridium’s pick up. You good folks got some insight on this?

Find a dealership with a good reputation and one you can get to for service, if needed. My dealer is 600 miles away , but in an area that I camp frequently. I would likely buy again from them. They have a good reputation for service. And/ or you can find a local mobile RV repair person with an excellent reputation.

Find a dealership with a good reputation and one you can get to for service, if needed. My dealer is 600 miles away , but in an area that I camp frequently. I would likely buy again from them. They have a good reputation for service. And/ or you can find a local mobile RV repair person with an excellent reputation.

Thank you for your good reply. I think we found one in Oregon that had good reviews. Less than 200 miles away too.

I've already contacted a structural engineer on the Gold Coast to purchase a plot, although I've never done so before. Please assist me in finding a decent dealer for both of them.

I live in WA state. Trailers are so expensive here. Any tips on buying from dealers in Iowa near manufacturing plants? Pros? Cons? they can deliver iridium’s pick up. You good folks got some insight on this?
We bought out of stare in 2020. Make sure the sales tax is calculated correctly. I contacted my local tax office to make sure is was correct. You should pay sales tax in you state not the state of the purchase. You want to make sure the money goes to the correct place and you pay the correct amount. We did pay the tax in Texas but they sent to Georgia. They collected for GA. If you pay cash, I think you can pay when you title in your state.
All that after you find the right place to purchase.

I've already contacted a structural engineer on the Gold Coast to purchase a plot, although I've never done so before. Please assist me in finding a decent dealer for both of them.
Where are you?

I was living in expensive CA. I flew to DesMoine, IA to buy from an internet rv wholesaler in 2014. I saved 38% off retail on my motorhome and had a positive experience with them. I just sold this rv for $15,000. more than I purchased it for.

I was living in expensive CA. I flew to DesMoine, IA to buy from an internet rv wholesaler in 2014. I saved 38% off retail on my motorhome and had a positive experience with them. I just sold this rv for $15,000. more than I purchased it for.
Thank you for your reply. We almost went to Iowa but my hubs was reluctant to make the long trip and it would have been $4K to deliver. I was thinking road trip 😀. We bought in Oregon and will pay the sales tax in Wa St on our return.

Make sure you understand the rules. It looks like OR is a no sales tax state. That makes it simple for you. No arguing over who is charging what.
As mentioned earlier, you will pay your WA rate when you register and title.
Holler if we can help.
Ken

Latest resources

Back