Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Well, for the first time ever (brown paper bag nearby) I cancelled my TV service. I have gone Internet only at home, I spend most of my time watching YouTube and I need to spend more time reading instead of wasting life watching TV. Again, I rarely watch TV other than maybe DDD (Diners, Drive-Ins, Dives) and Discovery. I may try out YouTube TV at some point but for now I need to see how the "purge" works and rely more on my Apple TV and streaming.

Where is that brown paper bag...

We are putting a new roof on the house and saying goodbye to Direct TV. We are going 100% streaming and we find youtube tv to be adequate for our needs. We did it for three months when we were living in our coach and hardly used the DT.

I don't want to dive into a TV subscription as I'm trying to spend my time better such as reading. But, I did just check out the free 20 minute preview of YouTube TV without starting a free trial yet and I like it. I like that I don't need a TV. My computer (while in my office) or anywhere, you can watch TV which is nice, should you want to. My Internet speed (GiGe) is $89.99/mo and if I add YouTube TV I'll still save around $50/mo over Verizon FIOS. Not the reason I'm doing this but it's still a financially better option for those such as my mother that needs other options on a strict budget.

I found out the hard way that my cable service is incapable to cary 4K HD signal.
Bought a 85” 4K Samsung tv and eagerly expected to see a great improvement over the 1080 Sharp. the picture was worse🤔.
disconnected the Cable and started streaming. Voila, 👍 great resolution.
Now we watch only streaming TV.

We are putting a new roof on the house and saying goodbye to Direct TV. We are going 100% streaming and we find youtube tv to be adequate for our needs. We did it for three months when we were living in our coach and hardly used the DT.
Does YouTube tv give you local channels (abc, cbs, nbc)?

It does. you input your zip code where you are and then it picks up local channels and the major networks.....The only negative if I had to be picky is there are no channel numbers as I have my favorites memorized on DTV. But you can sort the live programming a few different ways and it is pretty easy to find the content you like. As long as you have a decent internet connection, stream away. To put it in perspective, I was spending close to 200/mo (don't ask why) for DTV and now my YT TV cost is 65/mo so that is a healthy saving every month. Between this and Apple TV, I come out way ahead. I also think there is some sort of trial period and you can cancel anytime.

I wonder how YouTube TV is going to handle locals while traveling? One other nice feature is you can suspend service at any time just like Dish.

I'm feeling a little bit of cold sweats tonight but with the group therapy here I'll get over this I'm sure :)

I did order a few OTA antennas I'm going to try out. We have good OTA service here (HD) and that will be nice to have without a need for any services such as YouTube TV as I'm trying to avoid TV for now. This may help when I have the "need".

My friend cut the cord and went streaming. Now he rarely watches tv because he can't find the things he wants to watch, like an English football (soccer) game. He searched, got frustrated and gave up. When we're out camping we do OTA and some streaming, like Amazon Prime. Personally, we haven't taken the plunge into any of the streaming services yet other than Prime.

Last night I realized one downfall, having company over. It's always been nice to have the TV to watch and spend time together without having to talk nonstop :)

Latest resources

Back