Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Calling it quits. We sold our Newmar Ventana LE today.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

skychs

RVF VIP
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana LE 3636
RV Length
After almost 2 years and 20K miles we decided to sell our coach. After listing it in RVTrader the coach sold in two days and it sold for more than we bought it for. We could not have asked for a better RV. With three different trips across the US it never gave us any trouble. Until the wife retires or until there is a way to stay connected to the internet without having to have 15 different services and/or devices we just couldn't make it work.

So ... I wanted to thank Neal and all the others who helped answer all our questions while we were learning the industry. I can't tell you how many times y'all came through for us. Thank you so much.

Our plan now is to return to International travel to fulfill a couple more bucket list adventures. We already have Europe, Iceland and South America booked for 2022. Maybe after full retirement we will once again get back into a nice RV.

If anyone is looking for a very nice motorcycle carrier we will be selling the Hydralift that was attached to our coach.
Chuck and Linda Smith

052AEDF3-DD98-4602-9885-B1743C8B75AA_1_201_a.jpeg

God speed @skychs!

May your TSA line always be empty, your seat always recline and your luggage always arrive at its intended destination.

Congrats @skychs - and it doesn't mean you can't still hang around here with us and pay it forward helping others. I have a hunch a new coach will be on order before not too long :)

Good onya in the travels beyond RVing. I posted somewhere this past year that RVing can prevent people from expanding their travels as there is a lot more to see than what's in RV range.

Keep in touch and good luck, safe travels!

Thanks guys. I think there is a very good chance we will own another RV. If it's full time ... another Class A. If not we will probably go with a smaller Class C, something like the Tiffin Wayfarer.

Retirement level "space available" is going to be a challenge for sure. :)

Didn’t see that coming, but I totally understand. Good luck in the days and years ahead.

Best of Luck! Enjoy your travels!

Keep the Commonwealth straight!;)

We're loving Florida, & all it has to offer!:cool:

Well damn Chuck. I guess this means you won't be coming back to Deer Springs.

During the short time we've owned Deer Spring RV Park, Trish and I have meet so many great people. And when we learn that we probably won't ever again see some of our favorite visitors, well that sucks.

We really enjoyed visiting with you and Linda and we wish you both the best in your future adventures. I hope we helped provide you with memories that will always be worth remembering!

Take care, buddy!

Jim & Trish

1639537426289.png

Last edited:
Well damn Chuck. I guess this means you won't be coming back to Deer Springs.

During the short time we've owned Deer Spring RV Park, Trish and I have meet so many great people. And when we learn that we probably won't ever again see some of our favorite visitors, well that sucks.

We really enjoyed visiting with you and Linda and we wish you both the best in your future adventures. I hope we helped provide you with memories that will always be worth remembering!

Take care, buddy!

Jim & Trish

Thanks Jim and Trish ..... Deep Springs was our last overnight in the RV and one of our best adventures. We still can't believe how much there was to do in the area and how much fun we had. If you ever build the cabin you were talking about Im sure Linda and I will come back for a visit. I may have said it before but we think the size of your Park is perfect. It allowed us to visit a different site every night and get to know everyone. What a great time.

Didn’t see that coming, but I totally understand. Good luck in the days and years ahead.

I know. It was a difficult decision. Our original plan was to try a 6-12 month adventure but after the trip out west in June/July the stress of keeping connected became real. Even if we had the best equipment we don't have the IT knowledge to keep it up and running. We still have issue staying connected at home. :)

Thanks Jim and Trish ..... Deep Springs was our last overnight in the RV and one of our best adventures. We still can't believe how much there was to do in the area and how much fun we had. If you ever build the cabin you were talking about Im sure Linda and I will come back for a visit. I may have said it before but we think the size of your Park is perfect. It allowed us to visit a different site every night and get to know everyone. What a great time.
The current plan, and perhaps some of our RVF accountants can chime in, but I think we're going to buy a late model Dutch Star and park it in site #9 as a rental for the 7 months we are open. Then in the Winter months that we are at Bella Terra, we can use it ourselves.

I think that will make it a write-off 60% of the time. As I said, RVF accountants, feel free to jump in and give me your (non billable) input. :)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back