• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Who's at Camp Newmar?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We arrived here at Camp Newmar On Sunday for our Monday appointment. People arrived all afternoon and was almost full by evening. During the day there is still a few coaches left that are waiting on parts. We will be here till 10/1, next week is paint so we will be in a hotel for a few nights, probably M-W.
607172D9-DE05-4EF4-A858-723189AD5A17.jpeg
4303C1EF-2004-454C-8D02-E4985BD3A7B8.jpeg

What’s the lead time nowadays to get an service appointment at the mothership?

What’s the lead time nowadays to get an service appointment at the mothership?

I made my appointment in March and requested September, 9 months into my warranty period. DW will not allow us to to Newmar in November, did it 2 previous times and it was too cold?. Not sure what lead time is right now but normally not as busy in winter months

We will be here till 10/1, next week is paint so we will be in a hotel for a few nights, probably M-W.
Gonna miss you by a few days! How are they dealing with the furniture situation? ??

Gonna miss you by a few days! How are they dealing with the furniture situation? ??

I was going to update upon completion of our service visit but will address the flaking issue now. Turns out this was not the same issue as past problems with the material, in our case this was actually an attempt to repair damaged cushion. There was 2 pinholes in the material and someone tried to paint over the defect instead of recovering. This was probably done prior to being shipped to Newmar, thanks Flexsteel.

Now, how Newmar is handling the issue? Since we don’t believe there is an issue with the other furniture flaking it will not be replaced. Newmar has offered to recover the cushion but I have declined the offer as I hate the comfort of the Flexsteel theater seat. Discussed with Newmar desire to replace theater seat with recliners, Newmar offered to cover cost to add tile and the install recliners, cabinet if I cover cost of recliners. Lead time for recliners was 8-10 weeks so I would have a vacant tiled area when we leave. ?

We decided to order a better quality theater seat with better material from Custom Chairs by Lambright at our expense. Newmar is covering installation and removal cost, which will be done in Florida once unit is completed. I believe Newmar has been fair in resolving our issue.

DW and I are interested in going to the mother ship with our 2016 Dutch Star 4369. The problem is, and it is a good problem to have, we have nothing currently wrong with our MH and would like to keep it that way. Has anyone ever scheduled an appointment for a “wellness” check there? We feel it would be an advantage having the best of the best do our Preventive Maintenance. Interested in hearing others thoughts and opinions.
BobnJill

@bobnjill410 Newmar has a number of services they offer in the PM category. The attached file is the list they sent me about a month ago.

Attachments

• Newmar Package Discounts - Rev. 031220.pdf
    113.9 KB · Views: 35
Well, warranty visit is now over along with the early morning wake ups ?. All 50 items items have been taken care of except replacement of theater seat. Nevin was our group lead with Perry as the lead tech, never even spoke with Nevin as Perry took care of everything very efficiently.

Although really a Spartan issue I brought up my lack of sensitivity control on comfort steer. Newmar confirmed with use of computer that change of sensitivity setting was sending the proper signal. Newmar test drove coach and agreed that although computer readings checked out there was no difference when driving. Newmar contacted Spartan to further investigate the issue and Spartan confirmed they have seen this before. There is a timing issue in the electronic dash and the comfort steer that system defaults to setting 3, software update to dash will correct the issue. Wow, Spartan never mentioned this when I was there 2 weeks ago and complained. Unfortunately this update is not something Newmar is equipped to accomplish but at least they verified I am NOT crazy ?. I appreciate Newmar putting in all the effort to get to the bottom of the problem.

I don’t ever seeing myself going anywhere else if at all possible for Newmar Service. Very pleased with all the work and we are heading south in coach with a clean bill of health?

Well, warranty visit is now over along with the early morning wake ups ?. All 50 items items have been taken care of except replacement of theater seat. Nevin was our group lead with Perry as the lead tech, never even spoke with Nevin as Perry took care of everything very efficiently.
You were there for two weeks? My list is growing some things look time consuming from my perspective. I am attempting to estimate how long I will be there in the spring. I have allowed three days in my schedule. perhaps, I will need a week.

Do you folks let Newmar do the general chasis lube and oil change?

Latest resources

Back