• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Who's at Camp Newmar?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
You were there for two weeks? My list is growing some things look time consuming from my perspective. I am attempting to estimate how long I will be there in the spring. I have allowed three days in my schedule. perhaps, I will need a week.

Do you folks let Newmar do the general chasis lube and oil change?

Service was originally scheduled for 7 working days, finished in 9 so not too bad. They should give you time frame based on the list you give them.

I think you will find price for Newmar to do lube and oil about 2x what you pay elsewhere.

I have read of people scheduling warranty appointments ahead when they do their factory pick-up. For example, preplanning warranty work at the 6 and 9 month intervals. How can the service department block out time without knowing what will need to be addressed?

I have read of people scheduling warranty appointments ahead when they do their factory pick-up. For example, preplanning warranty work at the 6 and 9 month intervals. How can the service department block out time without knowing what will need to be addressed?
For me, I find one issue that is incomplete that I want addressed in the future. Last time it was an intermittent problem with a shade. They only need one issue to create the appointment.

I chose my appointment for a year out. During the year, I added items. Final list was submitted 30 days ahead, and had 2 weeks worth of repairs. Ended up staying 3 weeks due to problems found while in service.

So do I conclude that no one here has there oil change and chassis lube done at the Newmar Service Center?

So do I conclude that no one here has there oil change and chassis lube done at the Newmar Service Center?

Cannot remember which coach you have.
I have a 2020 Canyon Star on a Ford F-53 chassis, & V-10.
While at Newmar in August, after the work was completed, I took my coach to Bremen Ford for oil change chassis lube, & overall chassis inspection.
I believe it was about $120 total.
It was much cheaper than what Newmar was going to charge!

All 50 items items have been taken care of except replacement of theater seat.
50 items. Holy smokes. Glad they took good care of you. Now it's my turn. I only have 17 items along with 3 year service. Today is DAY ONE. ??

I go to Spartan for yearly chassis service. I only do the house part at Newmar Service Center.

I show up on Nov 2. The information package I received did not mention any of the COVID19 protocols I have seen discussed here. For your Day 1, did they meet you at coach as is typical, or did you have to go in and get checked first?

I show up on Nov 2. The information package I received did not mention any of the COVID19 protocols I have seen discussed here. For your Day 1, did they meet you at coach as is typical, or did you have to go in and get checked first?
You have to check in first which is to sign COVID waiver (once a week) and get temperature taken, they open the door at 5:45 for this. They give you your badge and put daily sticker on indicating you have checked in for that day. Then the tech will meet you at your coach as in the past.

You have to check in first which is to sign COVID waiver (once a week) and get temperature taken, they open the door at 5:45 for this. They give you your badge and put daily sticker on indicating you have checked in for that day. Then the tech will meet you at your coach as in the past.
ok, sounds easy enough. I am going to be staying offsite while they do the repairs. Found a lot of good Jeep trails around the area that I am going to be hitting.

Latest resources

Back