Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Campground in Phoenix/Mesa/Chandler area?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Looking for campground recommendations for 1-2 month stay in the Phoenix/Mesa/Chandler area Feb/March timeframe.

@Neal You've already experienced the mecca of pickleball at Palm Creek. Although you have not specifically asked for pickleball, I recall it's important to you, but comparing to Palm Creek is unfair.
We've had a couple months at Canyon Vistas, in Gold Canyon AZ. They have a good pickleball following. Lots of players and several courts. It's on the eastern outskirts of the Phoenix metro and a fine facility. Pet friendly. Canyon Vistas RV Resort in Gold Canyon, AZ for 55+ .. Park Model Homes For Sale (cal-am.com)
We've also had the luxury of Usery regional park and Lost Dutchman state park. Each one fill up within minutes of their reservation system's opening. Now, you would be at the mercy of cancellations and timing. No pickleball but S-P-A-C-E to spread out.
This year, we are staying in Apache Junction, at Sunrise RV. There are 2 pickleball courts. We've not stayed there before, but we've toured through the park and have a 3 month reservation. Walking distance to lots of retail amenities. Entire park is pet friendly. Roberts Resorts | Sunrise RV Resort | RV Sites
Here's a sister resort to Canyon Vistas, this one in Mesa. Mesa Regal RV Resort in Mesa, AZ for 55+ .. Park Model Homes for Sale (cal-am.com)
There are so many choices, it becomes staggering. With the Covid and the Canadian border situations I suspect there are a lot of cancellations, which might be good for you.

Last edited:
Thanks @RandyB - yes I enjoy Pickleball but this year it's not the priority. I cancelled my Palm Creek reservation as I have another obligation that is taking me north but on the return south I'm looking at other opportunities maybe in the area specified but I could also return to Palm Creek as they have plenty of availability due to all of the cancellations. I'm not sure what the PB situation will be after inauguration and any potential stay at home orders so I'm waiting to see. I am doing flight training at Chandler which I'll be attending weekly so being closer to that area would be beneficial. I've scanned some of the campgrounds but I'm looking for those with experience to point the better ones out. I did stay at Usery SP last year, it was awesome but I'm not planning on hauling the barker tank along with me this year as I'm packed full with other things this time around. I may hit Quartzsite on my own and stay as long as the tanks allow and then head into the PHX/Mesa area or go back to Palm Creek if I get a report from others there that all is okay. I'm leaning more towards solo and seclusion this year for safety, we shall see. Thanks for the tips, I'll check out your suggestions.

We again (our 4th year) have reservations at Pueblo El Mirage for March. We like the area.

Safe travels

Latest resources

Back