Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Saint/Letty

RVF Newbee
Over 2K miles from home, in Washington State. My 2019 Class A Winnebago (on a Ford V-10 Chassis) with 19,000 miles has started smoking. No loss of coolant or oil, appears to head gasket. Can’t locate a Ford dealer that will work on it. 30+ dealers called and none will work on RV’s, shop bays too small or not enough physical space at the location.
How can Ford leave us so high and dry with no options to get service?

sorry you’re going though that. Have you looked around for a mobile mechanic that might be able to do a field repair well enough to allow It to limp to a shop? might need a mobile mechanic?

Also, it is probably not Ford’s call. Each shop is independent and for the most part, they get to decide what they work on and what they don’t.

Motorhomes are a major pain for your typical retail Ford dealership’s service shop. In many cases, they might not even have the proper equipment to work on it safely.

you might also try calling local dealerships to see if they know anyone in the area that works on Ford chassis motorhomes. I wager they will.

Is there a Rush Truck Center near you? My friend had his Ford V-10 class A serviced at the Rush Center in Denver.

Safe Travels.

Look for a local light truck service center with excellent reputation. They often do a lot of motorhomes. That is where I go for chassis work.

Don't call Ford car dealerships. You must call a Ford TRUCK dealership. There are mots of them around. More than there are Freightliner or International dealerships.

Web capture_15-8-2021_124639_duckduckgo.com.jpeg

I googled Ford Truck Dealers in Washington to get the map above.

It started smoking....No loss of coolant Hmm.....

Could it be oil? What color is the smoke , grey, blue , white?

Grey or black is fuel
Blue is oil
White is coolant

Maybe smell the exhaust to see what it smells like , that may lead you in a different direction

If it is smoking it has to be using oil, or coolant or too much fuel

And , because it h as a catalytic converter , it may be burning of f whatever is leaking and making the exhaust look white, not blue like oil or black

Maybe its overfueling? Is it running OK?

Latest resources

Back