Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Can a toyhauler eliminate the need for a toad?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

SJMaye

RVF Regular
We have been considering a Class C. I saw the ToyHaulers, but really understand point unless you were going off road with motorcycles or something. I like the thought of a Class C, but I don't want to have to haul a car. Is it that what you can use a toyhauler for?

You might have a difficult time finding a car to go in a toyhauler. They seem to be mainly for the toys hence the name. You wouldn't need a toad since you would have a truck to drive around.

Hi Gronk,

I did the whole towable thing. Not for us. That's why we are looking at Class C's. I know it would have to be really large for even a small car. I was wondering if people may be stowing street legal buggies or scooters.

Thanks for the thought, though.

Think that's a local code issue. In the west many use their side by sides to get around.

We have been considering a Class C. I saw the ToyHaulers, but really understand point unless you were going off road with motorcycles or something. I like the thought of a Class C, but I don't want to have to haul a car. Is it that what you can use a toyhauler for?
Found a solution for you.. Just kidding..
1614989648895.png

Think that's a local code issue. In the west many use their side by sides to get around.
Yeah, I tend to see things as they are here in TN. I have seen those little 4x4 buggies with license plates and on the road. In the rural areas they will give you a plate for near anything as long as you cough up the $25.

The toy hauler for me was more having a second "bedroom" for the kid. We are looking for something small, motorcycle with a side cart or something for cruising around but that's up in the air. The truck is fine for daily driving. With bio I am getting 17-20mpg. We don't do a lot of drive-thrus but never did at home either.

The toy hauler for me was more having a second "bedroom" for the kid. We are looking for something small, motorcycle with a side cart or something for cruising around but that's up in the air. The truck is fine for daily driving. With bio I am getting 17-20mpg. We don't do a lot of drive-thrus but never did at home either.
Is your toyhauler a class C? If so, what do you use to get around once you are at a campsite?

Is your toyhauler a class C? If so, what do you use to get around once you are at a campsite?
I'm a 5th wheel with a f350.

There are tons of different "toy haulers" with different configurations. We happen to have a 44' 5th wheel toy hauler with a 13' garage. I have a buddy who has a 26' travel trailer toy hauler. Thor makes a class A (front diesel engine) toy hauler.

About the only car that would probably fit in the back of a large 5th wheel toy hauler would be a Smart Car IMHO.

However, like GeoKat mentioned, there are additional uses for the garage portion of a toy hauler. When we are on the road our Harley Trike is secured there. When we are stationary for several days or more the trike stays out and two benches power down from the ceiling with a picnic type table in the middle. It is great for playing cards or for 6 people to eat around. Also, with a stacked washer and dryer back there it is our laundry room.

So, to answer your original question......if you have a travel trailer toy hauler or a 5th wheel toy hauler then your tow vehicle would be your main toad or form of transportation.

Latest resources

Back